Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2005, 02:45 AM

Default 22 HU OOP

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (5.50 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>

Planning to fold to a 3-bet and if called, lead most non-Ace turns. Then play one more hand and find a new table.
Old 05-04-2005, 03:10 AM

Default Re: 22 HU OOP

If you are planning on leaving the game, you should fold preflop. While 22 is a hand that you should tend to limp with in EP, it isn't an auto limp. You should at least be somewhat aware of what the table has to offer before you decide to play. At a "random" table I would limp in this spot but if the game is bad I would fold. I also check/fold the flop.

Brad
Old 05-04-2005, 03:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Then play one more hand and find a new table.

[/ QUOTE ]

Clearly the best line.
Old 05-04-2005, 03:16 AM

Well I didn't plan on leaving the game until the preflop action. It was the straw that broke the camel's back.

I just hate, hate, hate check/folding into an autobet.
Old 05-04-2005, 08:20 AM

I'd be tempted to fold this to the PF raise since it ended up being heads up. Yeah, it'll look stupid, but how happy can you be about your hand on any non-2 flop?

I'd be folding this on the flop too. If there were no K and the flop came rags, I like my hand a lot more, but here there's a decent chance he's made top pair.

If you insist on playing it though, you should just check / call all the way down. What does raising get you? At best it might get you a free card on the turn, but since any card could beat you, do you even want a free card?

Almost every card is a potentially bad card for you so you just have to shut your eyes and see it through to the end. You'd need a super read to pull this off profitably, though.
Old 05-04-2005, 08:24 AM

If this was Party Poker 1/2 I would like the play much better.

If this was Absolute Poker 1/2 I would love it [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 05-04-2005, 08:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you insist on playing it though, you should just check / call all the way down. What does raising get you? At best it might get you a free card on the turn, but since any card could beat you, do you even want a free card?

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't we have some folding equity here. If this is an autobet with AQ, AJ, AT then our hero has a chance at either taking it down at showdown, or winning the pot with his check-raise.
Old 05-04-2005, 08:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't we have some folding equity here. If this is an autobet with AQ, AJ, AT then our hero has a chance at either taking it down at showdown, or winning the pot with his check-raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true but it would depend on how likely villain is to fold to such a play. If he's rockish then it's worth a shot I guess. We could just end up scaring him into calling us down with middle pair or his own pocket pair or something though.