Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2005, 06:01 PM

Default Re: Yeah, Cernis

[ QUOTE ]
he claims the Italian aviation agencies are partly at fault (I read this as he was getting some poor instructions/information).

[/ QUOTE ]

The cowardly pilot you are trying to defend, removed video evidence of what he was doing during his flight. This is not an honourable or supportable action of any military officer. Trying to blame Italian aviation authorities was not only cowardly but repulsive to the families of the victims. If he was innocent, why lie and destroy evidence demonstrating the truth. The time when people took responsibility for their actions and mistakes has now gone with the US attitude of never being culpable, and will result in further massacres of innocent people.

The fact you believe his lies is what is most worrying, but I know not a reflection on the majority of US commonsensical citizens. Blind faith in terms of killing people and believing you have a right to do that is a fascist/Nazi attitude and will be fought against strongly by all Europeans.
Old 05-03-2005, 06:04 PM

Default Connect the dots

[ QUOTE ]
Cyrus hijacked [the thread] and started posting pictures of dead kids.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dead Iraqi kids by the hundreds & Reports by human rights agencies --> evidence of trigger happy Americans --> one more factor supporting the Italian Reports' conclusion.

Which was that the American soldiers at the (ill-planned and badly set-up, BTW) checkpoint reacted fatally wrong. (I call it trigger happy). The reason given by the Italians was that they were "scared, under stress and suffering from fatigue".

Just follow the lines.
Old 05-03-2005, 11:04 PM

Default And Waiting Still...Cyrus...

Reprise:

Cyrus, you still have not, despite repeated requests, offered one shred of evidence that the following assertion you made actually occurred:

Cyrus: "When the American tanks first rolled into Baghdad, Iraqi civilians who found themselves in their general path, unarmed men on the sidewalk, women raising their hands in the universal symbol of surrendering, children peeping out of a door, even dogs, were cut down where they stood by "precautionary fire". A wave of metal thunder, indeed."

Still waiting for some evidence of the above...
Old 05-04-2005, 12:13 AM

Default Re: And Waiting Still...Cyrus...

Yes, and I still waiting for the famous satellite evidence that started this thread.

Do you care about that evidence also M^6?
Old 05-04-2005, 12:33 AM

Default Italian public angry

Reports from Italy that public pressure upon removing Iraqi troops as a reaction to the incident is growing. Opposition leader call for this reaction as well.

Hopefully they will do it, it would be a brave moment in Italian history.

Putin openly opposing US, Blair having to reduce his support, Berlusconi having to do the same. Maybe a unified Europe soon can come together and be a totally indepent world stage force. More morality and tolerance and less cynisism would be the benefits.
Old 05-04-2005, 12:46 AM

Default Re: And Waiting Still...Cyrus...

Sure, Sirio, but I don't know who initially made the claim about the satellite stuff. I do know who made Cyrus' claim, though.

If Cyrus is looking for a job in reporting, I hear the former employers of Jayson Blair might have a recent opening.

Cyrus: "When the American tanks first rolled into Baghdad, Iraqi civilians who found themselves in their general path, unarmed men on the sidewalk, women raising their hands in the universal symbol of surrendering, children peeping out of a door, even dogs, were cut down where they stood by "precautionary fire". A wave of metal thunder, indeed."

I think we might finally have found them a replacement;-)

Still waiting, good Cyrus (for that shred of evidence of the above?)
Old 05-04-2005, 01:59 AM

Default Re: Connect the dots

Which was that the American soldiers at the (ill-planned and badly set-up, BTW) checkpoint reacted fatally wrong. (I call it trigger happy). The reason given by the Italians was that they were "scared, under stress and suffering from fatigue".

Is a lot different from calling American trigger happy baby killers that kill for sport. But thats what you've been calling them for half this thread.

I still don't think they acted wrong, because I would have done the exact same thing in thier place given the circumstances.
Old 05-04-2005, 02:34 AM

Default Re: Connect the dots

[ QUOTE ]
I still don't think they acted wrong, because I would have done the exact same thing in thier place given the circumstances.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is why the troops were cleared of wrongdoing. They did the right thing. Being "trigger happy" would have been the wrong thing. They acted how any rational person would, given the circumstances. Now, if I set up my own little roadblock on the highway outside of town and shot someone who didn't slow down, Cyrus would be right to call me trigger happy. But this is Iraq! Not some suburban street. My guess as to why this isn't sinking into Cyrus's head is because he dislikes the troops as evidenced by his shameless use of a dead child, claiming that Americans purposefully shot innocent bystanders upon entering Baghdad (w/o evidence and refusing to produce any under the excuse of "hijacking" the thread. Lame.)

If Cyrus wants to live in his fantasy land where all the troops are trigger happy, baby killing, monsters, fine. I don't think any of us (let alone sanity) will change that.
Old 05-04-2005, 04:49 AM

Default Re: Italian public angry

Brave moment in Italian history? You mean running away, shirking your responsibilities, and pretending the rest of the world isn't your problem.

You think politics in Europe are based on morals? Why aren't French troops in Darfur right now? Bullshit. Europe basis its politics on the same self-interest realist approach it has for decades. They aren't against Iraq cause thier better people, thier against Iraq because they know we'll do it anyway, it appeases thier local Muslim population, and its cheaper and easier to do nothing.
Old 05-04-2005, 10:57 AM

Default Re: Yeah, Cernis

I am not trying to "defend" his actions. I am simply pointing out the FACT that he MIGHT not have been solely or even primarily to blame.