Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2005, 09:17 AM

Default Oppinions of Noble Poker Needed

Has anyone ever played there. I was thinking of trying it for the matching bonus on initial deposit. According to Card Player you can get 100% upto $500. I realize it will take awhile to earn it off so I wanted to get some oppinions.

Thanks
Joe
Old 05-03-2005, 09:32 AM

Default Re: Oppinions of Noble Poker Needed

i did it, loved it - wish i had more bonus to clear so i could keep playing there.

the only bad thing is i didnt sign up through an affiliate or i could have done better.

oh well, live and learn
Old 05-03-2005, 10:20 AM

there are plenty of other skins on the iPoker network with 25% up to $100 bonuses, and you can play against the same soft players:

CDpoker
Fair Poker
Sports Interaction Poker
PlayGate Poker
Diamond Club Poker
Prestige Poker

it's 10 cents of bonus for every raked hand (non-contributed) so it might actually be faster to clear than the Noble deal.
Old 05-03-2005, 10:21 AM

Whats the noble raked requiement? I keep hearing about it but never actually bothered to look into it.

And those other ones sound easy to clear.
Old 05-03-2005, 10:43 AM

Noble requires raked contributed (RC) hands. RC hands earn crowns (more on that in a minute).

At $0.25-$0.50 limit you earn ONE crown per RC hand.
At $0.50-$1 limit you earn TWO crowns per RC hand.
At $1-$2 limit and any limit above that you earn THREE crowns per RC hand.

Every time you earn 125 crowns Noble releases $10 of your bonus. In other words, each crown is worth $0.08

An RC at $0.25-$0.50 is worth $0.08,
An RC at $0.50-$1 is worth $0.16, and
An RC at $1-$2 or more is worth $0.24

Hope that's what you were looking for.
Old 05-03-2005, 10:52 AM

Location: Castle Duckula -- home for many centuries to a dreadful dynasty of vicious vampire ducks: The Counts of Duckula!

[ QUOTE ]
Noble requires raked contributed (RC) hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does that mean that in order for a hand to earn you crowns, you actually have to contribute money to the pot? I.e., if you are dealt cards, but fold without putting any money in, can the hand be a "raked contributed" hand?

-Mike
Old 05-03-2005, 10:58 AM

http://noblepoker.com/matchbonus.html

noble's Crown bonus system is a bit tricky. it only counts raked hands where you contribute or blind into the pot. also, the chart displayed on that page indicates the crowns earned based on the BLIND structure, not the actual table limits. So a $1/2 LHE table has a 50c/$1 BLIND structure and earns 2 crowns for every contributed raked hand. For 3 crowns you would need to play $2/4 LHE which has $1/2 blinds. there was a thread on BW about this and people were complaining that they were earning 30-50% less crowns than they thought they were. This would explain it.

since crowns are worth 8 cents each (125 crowns = $10 bonus) and the average player will contribute to about 1/3 dealt hands at full ring (1/2 dealt shorthanded), this bonus is only minimally lucrative at $2/4 limits and up, where the adjusted raked hand bonus earnings are between 8-12 cents. at $1/2 limits it's 5-8 cents, and 50c/$1 it's 3-4 cents. this makes the Noble bonus only a little better than Full Tilt (which is one of the worst low limit bonuses out there).

I would definitely recommend doing the other iPoker skins instead, which pay you a flat 10 cents for any raked hand (assume at least 50c/$1 LHE or 25c/50c NL). for low limit players these six sites are a great bankroll builder.
Old 05-03-2005, 11:20 AM

Thanks for the responses guys [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Appreciated. I just kept seeing Nobles on BW and a few other forums and wasn't sure. I'm always looking for bonuses to clear, so I'll go with the other skins.
Old 05-03-2005, 01:12 PM

Just so you know I recently signed up for noble poker and it is hard to get a seat. -_- not a lot of tables running but the games are very soft
Old 05-03-2005, 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
there are plenty of other skins on the iPoker network with 25% up to $100 bonuses, and you can play against the same soft players:

CDpoker
Fair Poker
Sports Interaction Poker
PlayGate Poker
Diamond Club Poker
Prestige Poker

it's 10 cents of bonus for every raked hand (non-contributed) so it might actually be faster to clear than the Noble deal.

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry if this is a dumb question, but all of these sites are skins? that seems strange because there really isnt that much trafic for all of those sites. I am usually able to get the 3 table max by doing both 1/2 and 2/4.

Will i be able to sign up at all of those other sites and get the bonus? that would be great since i just finished noble and liked playing it.

(it felt like it was easier to clear than 10x, but maybe i was just getting good cards and able to play more hands....)