Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2005, 11:08 PM

Default Comment on my play

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. MP2 posts a blind of $0.5.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 (poster) calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 folds, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 folds.

Turn: (7.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, Hero ????

Call/Raise/Fold?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.
Should I have capped here or wait and see what the turn brings?
Turn: (7.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero ?????
Is it safe to assume that I'm beat here?
Old 05-02-2005, 11:17 PM

Default Re: Comment on my play

Hand 1: I don't mind the cold call preflop but I would be careful here. Make sure the limpers and especially the raisers are pretty loose. Flop bet's fine, turn is a call I think, as I can't put villain on a range of hands that play your raise.

Hand 2: I think you're beat with UTG waking u
Old 05-02-2005, 11:21 PM

In Hand 2 calling on the flop might be best. The way it stands I'm folding the turn, partially because there's some guaranteed action behind you.
Old 05-02-2005, 11:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In Hand 2 calling on the flop might be best. The way it stands I'm folding the turn, partially because there's some guaranteed action behind you.

[/ QUOTE ]

If we call the flop and get 3 handed to the turn, I don't think we have enough information to fold here just yet.
Old 05-02-2005, 11:36 PM

Hand 2:
You call the flop and wait for a safe turn card to raise. By waiting for a safe turn card you can exploit a larger pot equity edge (assuming we are ahead on flop). This is a good idea here because we don't have a huge amount of pot equity on the flop because it is so draw heavy.

The turn that fell was about the worst possible card. You can be almost certain you're beaten on the turn even without a flop raise. I call the flop, fold the turn (raise a safe turn card). Minimize our loses, maximize our gains.
Old 05-02-2005, 11:49 PM

Hand 1:
I'd go raise and fold to a reraise

Hand 2:
Almost definitely, although it might be worth calling for one here if it didn't look like SB was going for a check raise
Old 05-02-2005, 11:53 PM

Hand 1: I wold raise to see what he does. Any reads?

Hand 2: Pay no more.
Old 05-02-2005, 11:55 PM

Hand 1:

I haven't played $.50/$1 in a while, but I think you can probably believe that most people have a 7 here. If you have a read that villain might be tricky or otherwise good, I'd call and re-evaluate on the turn.

Hand 2:

This is tricky because implied odds come in to the turn decision. You are getting 8.5:1 here, so you would need to:

a) expect to get two more BB's out of villain if you catch a 10/J on the river

b) be pretty confident that SB is not going to c/r here

It's also worth noting that a K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] will complete the royal flush for someone, so you might be drawing fabulously dead already.

I think the correct play is probably to fold, but I have to admit that I'll most likely call down out of curiosity when there's a possible Royal on the board.
Old 05-02-2005, 11:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wold raise to see what he does

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he's going to 3 bet or call with a better hand or fold with a weaker one.
Old 05-03-2005, 12:53 AM

Hand 1:
Just to throw my two cents in here, I've seen tons of players at these limits that bluff frequently when the board pairs. A lot of times they will have a week Q or a pocket pair or some other weak hand. I think calling down is much better than a raise. It costs the same number of bets and you can pick off these bluffs.