Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2005, 07:28 PM

Default Re: How are these ROI\'s and ITM\'s? Are these average or good?

[ QUOTE ]
21. saabpoDOTcom 47.29% 516

Profit bitch!!

Seriously though, prophecy is a joke and a half.. I guess I have no chance of being on the leaderboard considering my addiction with small stakes SNGs and pushing every hand WEEE!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I have an account thats higher than yours on that list with a number that is 6-7%-units too high (don't have the energy to unalias my PT to check what the exact numbers are).

I don't particularly care though. Don't have any plans to pay for Poker Prophecy and that account is retired.
Old 05-02-2005, 07:41 PM

out of my recent stats, the biggest gap that I have is in my 30s. I have a 35% ITM recorded over 271 tourneys, but poker prophecy reports my rec on the 30s as 47%.

It was nice though when someone brought my rec to the tables attention and everyone game me WAY too much respect, as if because i have good stats it means i'm getting delt a monster every time when i'm pushing every other hand on the bubble.

oh yeah, and with poker prophecy, does the new version have Empire support, and if so why does clicking the "get stat. for active table" do nothing.
Old 05-02-2005, 07:45 PM

People come on here a couple of times a month a make posts like these. All they are is disguised bragging posts.
Old 05-02-2005, 07:57 PM

Everyone deserves a fair trial.
$215s(blinds 250/500)
BB>HERO 8700
SB>VILLAIN 1300
villain is all-in, hero....
Old 05-02-2005, 11:12 PM

You guys are all right. I had nothing better to do so I made up a bunch of fake numbers and stats and made up text files cause I had nothing better to do. And apparently noone actually reads my posts or answers as I said I thought I was doing good, what I wanted was comparison and to see if the numbers on fullcontact were for real or not. This was as big a waste of time as I'd thought it would be and now I remember why i never post. I'm sure I could take a screen shot in poker tracker, but then theres the guys who will say I faked it. So, obviously there is no way to prove anything, as even poker prophecy is not even close for most people. Not that I care anyway. Pretty funny that most the stupid comments come from people who probably can't even play or play really bad by looking at your other posts. Nice job.
Old 05-02-2005, 11:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You guys are all right. I had nothing better to do so I made up a bunch of fake numbers and stats and made up text files cause I had nothing better to do. And apparently noone actually reads my posts or answers as I said I thought I was doing good, what I wanted was comparison and to see if the numbers on fullcontact were for real or not. This was as big a waste of time as I'd thought it would be and now I remember why i never post. I'm sure I could take a screen shot in poker tracker, but then theres the guys who will say I faked it. So, obviously there is no way to prove anything, as even poker prophecy is not even close for most people. Not that I care anyway. Pretty funny that most the stupid comments come from people who probably can't even play or play really bad by looking at your other posts. Nice job.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm willing to admit that you could have won as you say, but from my earlier post that just leaves the possibilities that you are bragging or stupid.

It could be the former, but I'm leaning more and more towards the later.
Old 05-03-2005, 12:33 AM

To be fair, you did get jumped on a lot. But also, to be fair, even a very casual browse through posts here would have revealed what everyone told you, rendering your post unnecessary. And making it look as bizarre as it did indeed seem.

ROI and ITM are talked about here constantly. There's hardly a way to avoid seeing that all the respected high earners here think (and post) that ROI's and ITM figures as high as yours are extraordinary and unsustainable, and that's echoed by the larger number of less skilled players talking about the subject too. This has got to be the most popular subject in this forum, or at least close.

You're at least partly to blame for asking such an obvious question that probably everyone else on the forum knows the answer to but you. I'm not much in favor of trashing posters, but you should realize that you kind of brought it on yourself. Whether it's because you're too lazy to read the forums or do a search, or because you wanted to brag, or because you just weren't thinking, I don't know or care, and I wouldn't hold it against you regardless. But, regardless of other people's responses to you, you kinda screwed up a bit, and got caught doing it. Don't take it bad; just live and learn.
Old 05-03-2005, 12:45 AM

I can't believe I am doing this.

You claim to have made thousands of dollars while playing a game that requires sound judgment and solid math skills.

You seem to have no idea if placing in the top 3 over 50% of the time at the highest stakes available on Party is average or good. You have access to the 2+2 archive and I assume a calculator.

At the $215 and especially the $1000 level you are playing against the best single table players on party and you are claiming to be ITM over 50% of the time when 33% would be "average".

Do you really not understand why people are skeptical?
Old 05-03-2005, 12:46 AM

What was your Party account name?
Old 05-03-2005, 01:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't believe I am doing this.

You claim to have made thousands of dollars while playing a game that requires sound judgment and solid math skills.

You seem to have no idea if placing in the top 3 over 50% of the time at the highest stakes available on Party is average or good. You have access to the 2+2 archive and I assume a calculator.

At the $215 and especially the $1000 level you are playing against the best single table players on party and you are claiming to be ITM over 50% of the time when 33% would be "average".

Do you really not understand why people are skeptical?

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently you're another of the brilliant ones who choose to ignore what I say. I'll work of my math skills when you work on your reading skills. I said I thought I was doing good but then wanted to know if fullcontact was right, but you don't like to read.

Where did I get all the numbers from the text file I posted if it wasn't true? How can I make those up? It clearly shows 50% ITM, but only half that for ROI. THat's partly why I posted too. Just forget it, jesus./