Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2005, 09:53 PM

Default icky BB hand

PokerRoom $2-$4 (10 handed)

This hand irked me. I was confused on every street, and I think mistakes were made. Villains were all LA preflop (50+/15+), but mainly calling stations postflop (AF~1, WTSD~40%). In my defense, this was about the thousandth hand of the day and I was getting tired. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

PRE-FLOP
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, Hero checks (9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]).

FLOP: 6.5 SB [board cards 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img],7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img],9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]
Hero checks, UTG checks, UTG+2 bets, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO calls, Hero calls, UTG folds.

Not sure why, but I was thinking "wait till a safe turn card!" Was I losing my mind?

TURN: 5.5 BB [board cards 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img],7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img],9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]
Hero checks, UTG+2 bets, MP3 calls, CO folds, Hero calls.

So the turn card is not good, and then, well, I don't know what happened. I think suddenly I was thinking it was sort of WA/WB but not really and then I couldn't decide what to do. So I went with possibly the worst option since I didn't know what to do: check, call.

RIVER: 8.5 BB [board cards 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img],7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img],9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]
Hero checks, UTG+2 bets, MP3 folds, Hero calls.

At the time, I didn't realize it was 4 to the straight (not good, I know). But I wanted him to show me a better hand. If MP3 had called, I might have folded.
Old 05-02-2005, 10:01 PM

Default Re: icky BB hand

i read this post....and all i really read was "blah blah blah, i know i played this hand like crap but i was tired" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

is there a question somewhere in here? i'd fold the flop. but that's because i really don't care about my BB on this hand especially with no kicker and the redraws. even if a 2 comes, you're still behind if someone has a nine and calling stations will not fold to this.
Old 05-02-2005, 10:05 PM

I would check the flop, and fold the way it came back to you.

If CO had bet though, I would have raised to try to make it heads up.

My reasoning: If anyone has a 9 you are pretty much drawing dead here (remember a single 2 falling doesn't help). With a bet and 2 callers back to you, it looks like someone has a 9. If someone has a 7, you are also in bad shape. You are facing some horrible reverse implied odds with your very weak ''made'' hand.
Old 05-02-2005, 10:20 PM

that pretty much was the question: if/when to get away from the hand.