Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2005, 06:55 PM

Default QJ bet, bet, bet. Call, call, call

Villain in hand 1 is unknown and villain in hand 2 looks LAG and has seen 13 of 16 flops.

Thoughts appreciated.

Hand 1:

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.40 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3.20 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (5.20 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>,

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (5.33 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (3.66 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (5.66 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 7.66 BB
Old 05-02-2005, 06:59 PM

Default Re: QJ bet, bet, bet. Call, call, call

Hand 1: I'm fairly certain that I would take the free showdown on the river. You're almost certainly beat with a low pair hand that villain is disinclined to raise but wants to showdown.

Hand 2: I think the only marginal street really is the flop. But I think you're cool here, seeing as you're getting 6:1 on your 5 pair outs, your bd straight and your bd flush outs.

Nice hand.

whoops, no bd flush. this makes the flop call a bit more marginal, but i think you're still aight here.
Old 05-02-2005, 07:01 PM

Hand 1 is played player dependent, but I typcally just check behind on the turn, and definately don't bet the river...

I typically just fold the flop hand 2, you are drawing to overcards and backdoor straight. There is no BD flush.
Old 05-02-2005, 07:03 PM

1st Hand I'd check the river. I don't really see a reason to bet the river unless you're trying to fold Kx[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] or something.

Hand 2: Yuck, fold the turn if not the flop.
Old 05-02-2005, 07:13 PM

I'm folding the flop often in #2, and if not the flop, I'm definitely folding the turn. #1 is pretty dependent upon read. I usually don't bet, but if you think he has KcXc or AcXc then a bet might be ok.

Rob
Old 05-02-2005, 08:59 PM

Hand 1 was a desperation bluff, but I have on occassions been called down by some A high hand hoping to get lucky, and kicked myself for not betting the river. I am now thinking that these small pots are not worth it.

Villain called with 88 and MHING.

In hand 2 I guess I didn't realize in the heat of the moment how tainted my outs are. 3 of my outs are hearts, and jacks put four to a straight on the board. My only thoughts were along the lines of: "Nice, I picked up a gutshot. Now I get to see if I can get lucky on the river."

Villain had Qc8c and MHIG.