Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2005, 05:44 PM

Default Missed River Raise?

I've been trying to get more out of my game lately and am wondering if I'm missing value raises on the river when the villian does something I didn't expect (ie bet into me.) In this case I'm thinking if I'm good enough to raise the turn, I should have raised again on the river, but his stop and go has me wondering about the straight or a better A. Is this too timid?

Here is a hand I just played at Party 2/4, Villian is 38/8/3.50 after only about 15 hands.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">7 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls.

River: (8.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10.50 BB
Old 05-02-2005, 05:51 PM

Default Re: Missed River Raise?

i would raise that river everytime, and call a 3 bet.
Old 05-02-2005, 05:52 PM

not sure I like the turn raise that much. what do you do if you get three bet back at?. I'd like the turn raise much more if it was a blank. The Jack could gice him two pair, or several straight draws and flush draws. I like raising the river as any draws he picked up on the turn didn't come in. You also beat any two pair hand he had, and only the straight ot a a passive set
Old 05-02-2005, 05:52 PM

i raise and call 3bet but am expecting a split pot.
Old 05-02-2005, 05:57 PM

Raise this river. If your opponent has a better A, he most certainly would have raised at some point in the hand. If your opponent has a straight or a set, you would have expected more action on the turn.

I think you're likely chopping with an Ax, but he could have something with a Q or J or both.
Old 05-02-2005, 06:02 PM

Yeah, I kinda figured a raise was in order here, guess I just wanted to confirm with others. For what it's worth, he turned over KK.