Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2005, 06:44 AM

Default Two very similar AKs hands.. Early in the tounament

All these damn satellites and SNGs have really taken their toll on my MTT game. It seems as though my aggro-meter has been thrown a little out of whack at crucial times. Just wondering what you think is the best preflop play in these situations.

Hand 1 -

Partypoker 250k. It's level 4 (25/50) and I'm sitting on a stack of 1800 chips, which is about 400 above average. Our table hasn't broke so most of the players have seen my play over the last hour. Villian appears to be pretty solid, winning one nice pot with a set of 9s. That's the only hand I've seen him show down, except for a push of a 80 chip raise with 3 callers from the BB. He showed QQ.

I have not shown down any hands, and have raised once from middle position. So far I've taken down 2 pots, one with a checkraise and the other was the aforementioned where I raised preflop. Neither hand was shown.

Blinds 25/50

Villian (T1700) raises to 225 from UTG. I(T1800) am in the CO. What's my move?

Hand 2 -

This one goes back a bit. $500 Legends of Poker NLHE Event. Level 1. I have ~960 of my original 1k chips left. Blinds are 10/15. It's VERY early so I don't have a lot of reads on myself, but I did limp in from UTG on hand 1 and folded to a 5BB preflop raise. We are about 3 rounds into the tourney.

Villian has about 1700 chips. I've seen him limp into several pots but not raise yet. He obtained most of his stack by calling a guy down who was betting aggressively on a Kxx board with KT. Villian won the pot on the river when another K counterfitted his opponenet's two pair.

About 3 rounds in I (~960) raise the 10/15 blind to 50. Villian(~T1700) makes it 250 from MP. All fold to me. My move?

And I know the pf raise amount is questionable, but I was a lesser player then than I am now [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks in advance.