Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2005, 11:45 AM

Default 15/30 QQ vs Reraiser

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $15.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">7 folds</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

I have no reads on UTG+1, except, for the few hands I've played with him at this table, I've yet to see him to anything out of line. I figure he (most likely) has at least AQo+. Maybe even worse, but I'm not putting him on ace-rag-off or J7o. I have no idea why I didn't cap here.

Flop: (10.66 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

I figured that this was an auto-raise for him whether he had an overpair or AK. I called waiting for a safe turn. Should I have 3-bet and folded to a cap? Or maybe call-down after a cap?

Turn: (8.33 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, BB folds, Hero calls.

At this point, I'm pretty sure he has AA-TT, *maybe* AKc. Being only ahead of only JJ and AKc, and tying with QQ, should this have been a fold?

River: (12.33 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls.

I'm wondering if I should have check-raised this river? Usually I tend to bet out, in this situation, hoping for a raise, as I have bet the flop and the turn.

Final Pot: 14.33 BB

I know I played this hand horribly, but I'm wondering what others' suggestions would be.
Old 05-01-2005, 11:54 AM

Default Re: 15/30 QQ vs Reraiser

I'd cap PF unless you have a read you're not sharing with us.

I'd 3-bet the flop and slowdown if he caps.

Checkraise that river man!
Old 05-01-2005, 11:55 AM

Cap preflop. Cap the flop. Seeing how you failed to do either of these, at least get a check raise in on the river.

awfully played.
Old 05-01-2005, 12:15 PM

Ack, I originally posted with no comments and went back to add them in. For some reason, they didn't get through. I have fixed that now though.

As for the terrible play, I have no explanation for myself. I think I might have fallen into a weak-tight mode.
Old 05-01-2005, 01:23 PM

Not capping preflop is a mistake I think. However, I actually like how you played the flop and turn, trying to put as much pressure on the BB to fold as possible. Given that you lead into the raiser on the flop and turn, on the river he's probably going to smell a rat and just call down, given the fact he raised you on all streets before, this seems like a great time to go for the check-raise.
Old 05-01-2005, 05:37 PM

Cap pre- and 3 bet the flop. A 3 bet on the flop should force AK to fold the turn and sometimes the flop.

Assuming that hero 3 bets the flop and UTG1 just calls then raises the turn, does anyone fold the turn?
Old 05-01-2005, 06:02 PM

Misplayed on all streets.

Cap preflop.
3-bet flop. --&gt; If villain caps flop after this, check/call turn and river unimproved.
If villain calls the 3-bet on the flop, lead turn, and if raised, go into call-down mode.

River, you gotta check/raise. WTF were you thinking??
Old 05-01-2005, 06:20 PM

I remember that hand. It's from today and i had KK. Thx for not check-raising the river.
Old 05-01-2005, 06:30 PM

Yes, it was from today and I knew I was beat. Or, rather, I felt I was beat. Bleh, I couldn't lay it down. Of course, there have been times where I'm in the same situation vs JJ.
Old 05-01-2005, 07:31 PM

Default Turn play after capped flop.

I feel like a draw will almost certainl cap the flop here in position, so what's the plan for the turn assuming threebet - cap flop?

I think there is an argment for check/call, bet/call or bet/fold, what do people think?

Me i'd bet call, but expect to get shown aa/kk/tt more often then jj.

How do we play the turn if an a or k comes off? i'd check call but i think an argument can be made for check fold or bet fold.

The only street that's easy is the river, cr it.