Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2005, 09:41 AM

Default PV Question

Right now, I'm having a little trouble when selecting tables. I usually like to pick tables where I can find many players with high VPIP. As of now, I just check the notes on each and every player, which is sort of tedious when flipping through many tables. I know GT+ doesn't post players' stats until you've sat down and played a hand. I was wondering if PV will instantly post players' stats once I open a table. If so, how long does it take? I'm just wondering if it will help speed up table selection at all.

Also, will PV slow my computer down if I'm using multiple datamined databases with it? Thank you to anyone who can help me answer these questions.
Old 05-01-2005, 09:56 AM

Default Re: PV Question

[ QUOTE ]
Right now, I'm having a little trouble when selecting tables. I usually like to pick tables where I can find many players with high VPIP. As of now, I just check the notes on each and every player, which is sort of tedious when flipping through many tables. I know GT+ doesn't post players' stats until you've sat down and played a hand. I was wondering if PV will instantly post players' stats once I open a table. If so, how long does it take? I'm just wondering if it will help speed up table selection at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Personally this why I prefer using PV to GT+. As soon as you fire up PV it finds the tables you have open. If you have any stats on any of the players at the table in your DB they appear almost immediately and as and when you have imported any observed hands the onscreens stats are updated again.

I always found it a bit of a pain with GT+ having to select the table and then having to set yourself as one of the players already at the table before you could see the stats
Old 05-01-2005, 03:49 PM

How quickly does PV work if the stats are spread out among multiple large databases?
Old 05-02-2005, 09:27 AM

I've never seen any delay and I'm using PT for Omaha and Playerview.

I love that I can open up 4 tables, turn on PT and PV, walk away for half an hour and then decide which table I want.

Good luck.