Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2005, 01:34 AM

Default Re: is this flop play correct?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I agree that calling is the worst - I raise or fold here. There is no way your pot odds justify a call - my argument for raising is based on the passivity of the table and the likelihood of a cheap card. Putting in 2SB to see two cards with 6 outs is still a close call in my opinion, especially considering someone could indeed have flopped broadway. A fold isn't out of line.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is close, but I don't think you get the free card enough. Plus, it sucks getting 3-bet on this board as you are most likely drawing to 3-4 outs...and sometimes it splits.

Make the pot raised preflop and I raise this flop every time.

JMO

[/ QUOTE ]

Thinking about it I think your line is better. How often do you raise this preflop? I do it a lot of the time when the players are loose-passive as described. I'd like to buy the button and take some initiative. You have to raise - they're s00ted.
Old 05-01-2005, 01:39 AM

Default Re: is this flop play correct?

I thought about the raise preflop but got to into the flop play. Normally, I wouldn't...but since posting here, I think it has +EV. We could buy the button and I remember reading something about QTs have neutral EV preflop so raising is OK.

The preflop raise is probably standard.