Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2005, 04:24 PM

Default What do I do here?

5-10 no limit in Tunica right before the WPT in December.
I have been playing in this game all night and have about 2k. Pretty sure the guys I who are paying attention see me as weak a player because I haven't done much in the game, except for a couple of pots where I hit a monster flop and got paid off. I have not seen the villain make a bluff of any real size all night, he seemed to be a good player, however, before he started in on the Vodka.
Villain raises utg to 50. I go 150 with blk kings. He calls.
Flop is Qxx all spades. He bets $300 I go to $800 and he thinks for a little while and pushes.
Comments on anything are welcome, but I am more interested in whether I should have just smooth called the flop.
Old 04-30-2005, 04:27 PM

Default Re: What do I do here?

..how much is the raise? Did he show you A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]?
Old 04-30-2005, 04:32 PM

He reraised me all in, and he had me covered. Don't tell me you were there.
Old 04-30-2005, 05:00 PM

Nah, wasn't there. That what he had?
Old 04-30-2005, 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
5-10 no limit in Tunica right before the WPT in December.
I have been playing in this game all night and have about 2k. Pretty sure the guys I who are paying attention see me as weak a player because I haven't done much in the game, except for a couple of pots where I hit a monster flop and got paid off. I have not seen the villain make a bluff of any real size all night, he seemed to be a good player, however, before he started in on the Vodka.
Villain raises utg to 50. I go 150 with blk kings. He calls.
Flop is Qxx all spades. He bets $300 I go to $800 and he thinks for a little while and pushes.
Comments on anything are welcome, but I am more interested in whether I should have just smooth called the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see much bad about smooth calling. I guess if an A turns you're unhappy. I also don't see much bad about getting all-in on this flop.

The problem is that you don't know if you're ahead or behind, if a fourth spade is good or bad. So keep pot small is probably better.
Old 04-30-2005, 06:50 PM

smooth call flop next time, move in on non-turn spade, if you read him for a spade draw with a Q, I personally would see this as QQ, but what do i know.
Old 04-30-2005, 08:31 PM

well from what i see there's like 2000 in the pot and it's like 1200 more to call or something? if he actually has QQ and you're behind then you have 11 outs to win so you have to call and if he has anything else (is AJ spades a crazy possibility) like AsQ you're ahead so... call!