Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2005, 09:13 PM

Default two pair against possible low straight, bet river?

7 Card Stud High-Low ($1/$2), Ante $0.25, Bring-In $0.5 (hand converter)

3rd Street

Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___completes
Seat 2: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 6: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___brings-in___calls

4th Street

Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 3: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 6: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___calls

5th Street

Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets___raises
Seat 3: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls___calls

6th Street

Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets (all-in)

River

Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks
Seat 3: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] xx___checks
Seat 8: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] xx___all-in
Old 04-29-2005, 10:22 PM

Default Re: two pair against possible low straight, bet river?

I can't see any reason to bet the river. Anyway, he can see jacks up on your board; so the only thing he'll possibly call with that won't be beating you or splitting would be queens, or kings up, and I can't see him having either of those after his 5th street raise. He's got 64 in the hole I guess? Maybe 44 or a slow-played 66? Or a scared straight? Either way, no reason to bet seventh - can't see him folding trips or a made low.
Old 04-30-2005, 01:04 PM

Default Re: two pair against possible low straight, bet river?

I think third and fourth are fine. I think three-betting on fifth was a little over-aggressive. I would check with the intention of calling on sixth, but look what has happened. The guy with the monster board has checked! It appears to me that he's made two pair. If that is the case, you are a significant money favorite. I probably wouldn't find this move at the table, either, but I think the best play is to check-raise! Now if the third man made too small of an all-in bet, it won't reopen the betting and you won't be able to do this. Definitely check the river, though.