Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2005, 03:10 PM

Default Fold flop?

should i fold when he 3 bets?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Hero calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (7 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls.

River: (11 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 13 BB
Old 04-29-2005, 03:23 PM

Default Re: Fold flop?

I wouldn't fold to 3 bets given your preflop action; a single raise by villain doesn't even come close to indicating he has you beat. Had you three bet preflop, which I'm pretty avid about here, and had he capped, then you might consider a fold on this flop facing 3 bets.
Old 04-29-2005, 03:24 PM

The only problem I can see here is not re-raising before the flop. After that, good hand, played it well.
Old 04-29-2005, 03:26 PM

No, go into calldown mode. You're getting 14:1 right there, and if you hit, you have position, you'll be able to get at least 3 big bets out of him during the rest of the hand. That's 20:1 pot+implied, plus the fact that you may be ahead already.

BTW, Don't post the rest of the hand, cut it off right after villain 3bets. Seeing you spike your boat makes it an 'easy call' even if it isn't..

edit: yes, easy PF raise too btw..
Old 04-29-2005, 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No, go into calldown mode. You're getting 14:1 right there, and if you hit, you have position, you'll be able to get at least 3 big bets out of him during the rest of the hand. That's 20:1 pot+implied, plus the fact that you may be ahead already.

[/ QUOTE ]

With position, I'm not sure if call down mode is the best option here. As I said before, I'm not confident that we are behind; if we are ahead, this hand needs protection on the turn. What do you think about us raising the turn, folding to a 3 bet, and then checking behind on the river?
Old 04-29-2005, 03:37 PM

This hand would be a lot easier if you had 3-bet preflop.

For instance, if UTG+1 caps PF, I like calling his flop 3-bet. If UTG+2 does not cap PF, I cap the flop. He might also not lead this flop if you 3-bet him PF.

The way you played it, the postflop action is OK. If you folded the flop we'd all have to come over and beat you severely about the head.
Old 04-29-2005, 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
A flop raise here should be automatic. You've still got 2 people to act behind you, you want to increase your chances of winning this hand UI.
Old 04-29-2005, 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold flop?

[/ QUOTE ]
Any reads? I think I am calling this down. The guy could easily have lower PP.
Old 04-29-2005, 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
should i fold when he 3 bets?

[/ QUOTE ]

No way. Players with any pocket pair will play just like this guy. While it's certainly possible he has a higher pocket pair I'm not willing to give him credit for that just yet. He might even have UI overcards or a flush draw. You just don't know. You're HU. The pot is large enough to try to get this to a showdown unless you have a very solid read that you are beaten.
Old 04-29-2005, 03:46 PM

i would definately not reraise PF because TT isn't that good of a hand to be doing it with, you could be against AK AQ AJ JJ QQ KK so on and so forth, a reraise PF could get you into trouble