Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2005, 04:53 AM

Default Re: Things I\'m sure I\'ll soon regret....

Mase -- It's kinda acute that you feel the need to put the distance out there....pretty obvious to all I think that we hadn't communicated in some time, and that our last communication was obviously lessthan friendly. RC's my friend --you're a guy I know who is a friend of some of my friends.

Actually last time we talked in person was sometime after RPI came out and before RP II -- that makes it somewhere around 1999 -- closer to six years. We sat at the sports book bar in the Mirage and you critiqued RPI for me, pointing out among many other things that it would have been better as two books -- which led to the size of RP II.

And of course at the very least we have engaged in some debate on rpg (!!!) and exchanged a few e-mails if I recall.

Since then of course I have asked after you from time to time among our mutual friends, most recently just two weeks ago at the Mirage. And of course I have followed 2+2's great successes, because book publishing is one of those things that interests me.

If what you're saying is we ain't [censored] buddies that's certainly true And not to worry, I certainly have no need to bask in the reflection of your glory [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

When I showed up here a few days ago I said a simple Hi -- on the Negreanu thread, which was my first post here.

As I said earlier -- you're my friends' friend -- and that's the category I put you in. I try to always be friendly with those folks, out of respect for my friends.

But you deserved the apology regardless of any of that.

Best,

jb
Old 04-29-2005, 04:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Another thing that you don't know is that over a period of about three years I had several private conversations with him in an effort to solve the problem ...

[/ QUOTE ]

A lie. I'm sure you had these conversations, and have no idea why you would say I didn't know that.

I'm not supporting AJ or Diane from Green Bay. My problem here lies with your behaviour (because that is what I have witnessed first hand). My problem lies with you now changing the stipulations you put on Abdul (it was previously strictly poker, now you've included "other worthwhile topics")

I do not know all of the details between you and Diane, nor do I care to. What I am upset with is you ruining the game (not really a big deal), then lie about it later on here (a much bigger deal), saying that it didn't happen that way, even though you were accross the room by the time it happened.

You then say I need to get my facts straight when it is clearly you that are distorting facts. I urge you to show me even one time here where I have distorted facts. I've shown a number of times that you have.

I've done this before, too. Then, you would not apologize for your blatantly misleading comments. I'm guessing that will continue to be the case, though a sign of maturation on your part would be a breath of fresh air at this point.

If you cannot show how I am a liar, then I do expect you to apologize. Am I out of line for this?

Josh W
Old 04-29-2005, 05:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A lie. I'm sure you had these conversations, and have no idea why you would say I didn't know that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know why anyone would know. Neither I nor David generally announce our private conversations becuase I have no reason to.

Perhaps we did say "strictly poker." But when asked I think we clarified that the other topics that you mentioned would be fine.

Josh: If you feel offended I apologize. But given the number of posts that you have made here, I suspect you don't feel too bad.

best wishes,
Mason
Old 04-29-2005, 05:10 AM

Default Re: John Bond\'s apology to Mason, posted on rgp

Mase --
I'm going to cut and paste this over to the other thread. It has nothing to do w/ my apology to you -- - but does warrant response.

Best,

jb
Old 04-29-2005, 05:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Josh: If you feel offended I apologize. But given the number of posts that you have made here, I suspect you don't feel too bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

No need apologizing for my feelings. Go ahead and apologize for your actions.

Or don't.

My initial point is that you are difficult to deal with. I maintain that, and I'm guessing that doesn't bother you too much.

I have no idea what the "number of posts" comments means. If I had 3 or 30,000 posts, it doesn't change the fact that every interaction I've had with you has been unpleasant and shown massive immaturity and lack of responsibility on your behalf.

Isn't calling somebody (in this case, me) a liar without any evidence akin to calling a poker player a cheat without any evidence?

I hope you saw my reply to John where I stated that I agree that you are great for the poker world. I just wish you could see how a little better behaviour on your part would go a long ways.

Josh

Edit -

No, I won't be responding to this thread anymore. Thankfully I'm going on vacation tomorrow, and have no interest in bringing this up again when I return. So, apologize or don't, I'll probably never know. But judging by your future actions, I will know if you read this with an open mind or not.
Old 04-29-2005, 10:53 AM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
None of this really helped, but we still told him, and it's our position today, that if he could get just stick to theory or other worthwhile topics, something he was pretty good at, he would be welcome back.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can Vehn come back too? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 04-29-2005, 11:29 AM

Unfortunately, I don't think Vehn would come back if he were asked to.
Old 04-29-2005, 12:06 PM

Why is this a bad thing?
Old 04-29-2005, 12:30 PM

It's not bad. But it is disappointing if you enjoyed his sense of humor and style of posting, which I did.
Old 04-29-2005, 01:08 PM

Hi mmbt0ne:

I don't do any of the moderating anymore and today have no say in the matter. So once someone is barred it's not my decision as to whether he can come back or not.

Best wishes,
Mason