Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2005, 07:45 PM

Default Re: LOL that\'s good.

I love your avatar Bernie... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Lawrence
Old 04-28-2005, 08:27 PM

Default Re: Busting a loudmouth: Does it get any better than this?

[ QUOTE ]
So you went on tilt and got some big hands against a maniac? Niiiiiiiiice.

[/ QUOTE ]
sometimes tilt works in your favor. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 04-28-2005, 08:48 PM

not quite a loudmouth, but close.

Playing at the MGM Grand my 2nd trip back into vegas - first night. I have AT offsuit in the BB and it gets unraised to me - free flop.

Flop comes KQJ - long story short, I play it in such a way where me and another guy are all in by the river for about $100 each (NL game) - I take it and all is good.

I then hear him mutter under his breath to the guy next to him "That guy sucks" - I asked him "I'm sorry, did you say I suck?" - He goes, "Yeah" - he's drunk, of course, and I'm not doing so hot myself, (was still down 200) but I think I tried to get him to rebuy.

What was a nice hand got even better when I realized I busted an [censored] -

RB
Old 04-28-2005, 09:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He responded by challenging me to 15/30 HU. It never happened.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why on Earth not???
Old 04-28-2005, 09:44 PM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand
Default Re: LOL that\'s good.

[ QUOTE ]
I love your avatar Bernie

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] She is gorgeous. Even though she is about 40.

link

b
Old 04-28-2005, 11:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What limit were you playing? This wasn't me, but I like to [censored] around like that every once in awhile (often after a night of drinking) at like .25/.5 or .5/1. It's likely thats what that guy was doing.

On the other hand. I've found it a lot of fun to just talk goofy at a regular table while playing, cuz it loosens everyone up and then they have fun. The other night I got my table to replace the word fish with burrito, good times.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was micros. .50/1. I'm reasonably sure the guy was having fun and was not really serious. He probably was drunk. It was quite obnoxious though and he was writing the type of stuff that usually gets someone reported to party managament. At the core I think he was trying his hardest to get people to give him more action as he was a maniac and wanted big pots. It worked but he wound up paying far too high a % of each pot as he was very often HU with an inferior starting hand.

[ QUOTE ]
BTW why a female account? Seems kinda kinky... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
My wife has an account. She's a whore.

[ QUOTE ]
Haha, well done Droolie.

[ QUOTE ]
The next hand I isolated him with pocket two's and let every street get capped UI. I was practically holding my breath when he finally called the river cap.

[/ QUOTE ]

You got balls for this one man. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I just looked up the HH. Here it is. I guess I lied a little but little lies make a good fish story. LOL!

Hand 2:

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP2 calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (8.75 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls.

River: (10.75 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls.

Final Pot: 12.75 BB

Results below:
Hero has 2c 2d (two pair, fives and twos).
MP2 has 6h Tc (one pair, fives).
Outcome: Hero wins 12.75 BB.

Yeah he called me down with T high. LOL!

[ QUOTE ]
So you went on tilt and got some big hands against a maniac? Niiiiiiiiice.

[/ QUOTE ]
I like your Cliff Notes. Can I subscribe to your newsletter?

I actually was on tilt but was truly trying to play my best poker. The tilt manifested itself in the form of loose chat talk not loose play. I play the 22 hand like that against a tilting maniac anyday.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He responded by challenging me to 15/30 HU. It never happened.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why on Earth not???

[/ QUOTE ]
I wanted to on some level but I just let it go. HU is not my game. I knew I could beat him at full ring if given enough time but HU I'm not quite as macho. I gotta brush up on that so next time I can call him out.

If you guys want to critique hands 1 and 3 here they are...my memory wasn't too good on these either (they were one orbit but not successive)

Hand 1:
Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Button calls, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, Button folds, SB calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 caps</font>, Hero calls.

River: (13.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls.

Final Pot: 19.50 BB

Results below:
Hero has 7s 4s (straight, eight high).
MP1 has 3s 3h (three of a kind, threes).
Outcome: Hero wins 19.50 BB.

Hand 3:

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP1 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (11.25 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 caps</font>, Hero calls.

River: (19.25 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls $0.55 (All-In).

Final Pot: 20.80 BB

Results below:
Hero has Qs Ad (one pair, queens).
MP1 has Qh Ts (one pair, queens).
Outcome: Hero wins 20.79 BB.
Old 04-29-2005, 12:59 AM

Great story [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 04-29-2005, 01:23 AM

that is nice. but i have never encountered any guy as loud as that.
Old 04-29-2005, 01:57 AM

So you lied about capping every street with 22. Cool, man.
Old 04-29-2005, 02:01 AM

I was at that table with you. I made a comment about you deserving that pot after you finally won after getting sucked out on a few times.

Nice job busting him out.