Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2005, 11:36 PM

Default VEGAS

I should have put this thread on thist forum instaed of the Holdem forum but oh well, any help would be appreciated.
Well, In the fall I will moving to Las Vegas to play the game we all love. I am predominately a limit cash game player and have been grinding a simple menial wage and live within my means. I feel its time for the Big show! for 4 years now. I play $1-$2 to $15 - $30 Holdem, pot-lim Omaha high and NL(usually $500 buy-in). I will taking my car,clothes,poker literature and my bankroll of about $20,000. I have not played any major tournaments so Ill stick to the smaller sattelites etc when I get there until I hopefully can build up to the next level.

I know my craft well but I thought Id better get some good info and pointers to help me on my journey. So, Please answre the following questions the best you can & any pointers would be appreciated.

What are the best places to play in Vegas at the limits I play where I can avoid the pros and "rocks" and hit the tourists for there money?

What advice would you give(any of you who live in Vegas) to someone moving there?

Thanx
Old 04-28-2005, 11:43 PM

Default Re: VEGAS

I assume you mean bankroll of 20k as well as a few yrs of living expenses?
Old 04-29-2005, 12:11 AM

Please listen to me, Jedi, before this thread is filled up with 75 smart-ass replies aimed at psychologically deflating you. This forum is NOT the place to get that question answered. Honest to God, man, do not read one more reply after mine and check that blinking mail symbol next to your Welcome xxJedixx area.
Old 04-29-2005, 12:23 AM

Nice post, lol. I didn't even look at this guys post count. I figured he should have known better.
Old 04-29-2005, 12:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Nice post, lol. I didn't even look at this guys post count. I figured he should have known better.

[/ QUOTE ]I hate to be Mr.DoGooder but we both know damn well were this is gonna go. People can rag on me all day and I could not care less but I hate to see a new guy get off to that kind of start.

I tried to do what he is setting out to do in Tunica a couple of years ago. I could have been saved a great deal of emotional pain if I knew about multi-tabling, rakeback, the real truth about downswings ect...

How about you PM him with some advice, Soldier? You know your stuff. I'm sure you could help him a helluva lot better than me.
Old 04-29-2005, 12:38 AM

Deal.
Old 04-29-2005, 12:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Deal.

[/ QUOTE ]You rock, man. Unfortunately, I am better at instucting people what NOT to do rather than what TO do. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 04-29-2005, 12:43 AM

I just noticed that he said hes been playing proffesionally for 4 years now. I would think by now he has learned everything he needs to know about bankroll management, and if he was going to go broke it probably would have happened by now.
Old 04-29-2005, 01:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I just noticed that he said hes been playing proffesionally for 4 years now. I would think by now he has learned everything he needs to know about bankroll management, and if he was going to go broke it probably would have happened by now.

[/ QUOTE ]Yeah, normally I would have just blown it off and chalked him up as another probable skeleton in the desert but it does looks as though the foundation is in place. Nevertheless, it would be nice to see someone with potential take the path of least resistance. Plus, it would appear as though he is a Star Wars geek like me so why not help a brother out? [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 04-29-2005, 12:39 AM

may the farce be with you