Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2005, 03:21 PM

Default Re: Proper way to protect your hand

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I think that after you made sure that nobody has a set with your flop bet

[/ QUOTE ]

Here you are advocating a slowplay that is totally incorrect, yet you think that noone else would make a slowplay that is more correct than the one you are suggesting? (Altho still incorrect in itself) Hmm...

[/ QUOTE ]

You are first to act on the turn, so if the set was slow-playing to the turn, you will know about it.
Old 04-28-2005, 03:24 PM

I concede that at $1-$2, betting the turn is profitable because there are so many loose callers. If no one pays attention to pot odds, you just have to play this ABC and hope for the best.
Old 04-28-2005, 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I concede that at $1-$2, betting the turn is profitable because there are so many loose callers. If no one pays attention to pot odds, you just have to play this ABC and hope for the best.

[/ QUOTE ]

At 5/10 I'm 98% positive checking this turn shows some serious misunderstanding of the game.

Krishan
Old 04-28-2005, 03:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How big a raise was it pre-flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm 99.9% certain this is a limit hold'em question.

[ QUOTE ]
You should be concerned if everyone called. More likely your hand is not as strong as you thought.

[/ QUOTE ]

How much stronger does it get? Preflop, nuts. Flop, nuts. Turn, nuts. River, nuts. He is MUCH less vulnerable to flushes than an ordinary TPTK hand as he is just as likely to improve to a full house or better as the flush is to come in.

[ QUOTE ]
No need to fool around here, when a flush draw is possible at the turn. How big a bet did you make at the flop? Only lost 1 person. Turn comes another A. I like the check, makes you look weak and allows people now to catch up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course you bet. You also bet the turn because if you don't it more often allows people to check behind. Unless you think you have a very solid chance of check-raising the field which requires a stellar read, you bet. Most players tend to be Loose Passive at 1-2 and will chase liberally and this pot is quite large so most players have decent odds to chase ANYWAY. Additionally, if you bet some people may fold, but if you check and (best case scenario) someone else bets... those same people will still likely fold and you may or may not be presented with a good raising oppurtunity. So, your options are get bets in with the nuts or possibly not get bets in with the nuts as I see.

cjx
Old 04-28-2005, 04:18 PM

What the crap is this?

People want to call you. Bet the turn.