Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-28-2005, 03:01 PM

Default Ed Miller fans Please Help!

Thanks in advance to all who read this and provide a well thought through response. I am a huge Ed Miller SSHE fan and have been studying his preflop guidelines. I believe my understanding of this material is on the rise, however I have been unable to figure out how to plug a leak of mine, and have actually given up the life of the low limit grinder, and moved to sit n go simply to avoid the grind and the frusteration.

My leak/question/problem is this. When I have limped in early/middle position with hands that should not be played against a raise, and it gets raised after I have already put in one bet leaving me with one bet to call, what thought process do I use to be selective with my call/fold options?

I typically call then call a flop bet due to the odds, then get faced with calling a turn bet, meaning I get at least 1.5 big bets in the pot, sometimes 2.5 with a hand that is only a limping hand, its killing me.

ED Miller SSHE has big blind guidlines. Is it the same as if you limped from early position, are these guidlines applicable for an ealry position limper?
And will you honeslty fold AJ off for one bet after you've limped, on the basis that it is a "weak off suit holding"?

Please speculate.
Thank You
Idaho