Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2005, 01:54 PM

Default Annoyed with AK, so trying not to spew more bets than necessary.

Have at it, this is first orbit after posting so no reads.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls, BB folds, UTG+1 folds, MP2 calls.

Flop: (16.50 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

Turn: (12.75 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero folds
Old 04-28-2005, 02:01 PM

Default Re: Annoyed with AK, so trying not to spew more bets than necessary.

standard
Old 04-28-2005, 02:06 PM

Not much else to do. It looks like your probably totally dead on the turn.
Old 04-28-2005, 02:08 PM

After MP2's call-threebet preflop, and a flop that totally misses you, why waste money here at all? I think at the very best, you're tied, and he's got a flush draw. More likely, he's got aces or kings and a flush draw.
Old 04-28-2005, 02:26 PM

I would probably play it the same way, no point in folding that flop becaue villian most likely did not hit a flush and you likely have outs and a call sorta sucks, so I like the raise...and you have enourmous odds to call the three-bet. Turn is standard, no point in calling down drawing either completely dead or VERY thin
Old 04-28-2005, 02:29 PM

Why raise flop?
Old 04-28-2005, 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
no point in folding that flop becaue villian most likely did not hit a flush and you likely have outs and a call sorta sucks

[/ QUOTE ]

Why does a call suck here. It seems preferable to me. You're not folding out any hand behind you that you would like to fold and you open yourself up to getting three-bet which DOES suck.
Old 04-28-2005, 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why raise flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Villian could be getting excited over a scary board and might think he can fold people...I often see people calling my flop raise and folding to a turn bet here...we can easily fold to a turn c/r. Also, we likely have outs and villian isnt showing that much strength...if he check raises me then I'm scared...if you had a flush or the nut flush draw, would you bet into the PFR who will likely raise and blow away the field, or go for a c/r?
Old 04-28-2005, 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Why does a call suck here. It seems preferable to me. You're not folding out any hand behind you that you would like to fold and you open yourself up to getting three-bet which DOES suck.

[/ QUOTE ]

I generally agree, but I'd love to clean up my ace outs -- a flop raise could get A6 to fold and that would rule.
Old 04-28-2005, 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
no point in folding that flop becaue villian most likely did not hit a flush and you likely have outs and a call sorta sucks

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that getting 3-bet does suck, but if you call the flop, are you going to call? I sorta see this as a rare time to raise for information, I don't see villian betting into us on the turn and 3-betting the flop with any hand we beat, but can we really fold the turn UI if he just bets into us again?