Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2005, 08:20 AM

Default Re: Goin from 4 to 8 tabling

thanks for the reply guys. i have been playing my 8 tables in the afternoon, so that could have some to do with it. i was only at 5 bb/100 hands for a week or two for only a small number of hands. my overall bb was about 2.1/100 hands before that. i was playing solid for a couple months and had my bankroll up to 3200, when i decided to set up rakeback on two sites and figured why the hell not eight tabling. i can keep up with the tables, but havent been playing as well as i was with four i guess. i appreciate all the replies and im gonna try and post some hands.
Old 04-28-2005, 08:40 AM

Ye you have to remember that you don't have to jump straight to 8 tables from 4. There is something inbetween too.
Old 04-28-2005, 08:53 AM

I'm curious, if the 5.1 was only for a week or two and you know your current rate is actually around 2, then why the hell did you even bother to mention that number.

This is why I feel most of the outrageous winrate claims are total bull.
Old 04-28-2005, 09:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is why I feel most of the outrageous winrate claims are total bull.

[/ QUOTE ]

82.4% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Oh, and I had 9+BB/100 last night in 400 hands. Does this mean I should move up 2 levels or only 1?
Old 04-28-2005, 12:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i was averaging about 5 bb/100 hands four tabling

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
i was only at 5 bb/100 hands for a week or two for only a small number of hands. my overall bb was about 2.1/100 hands before that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wtf? Are you serious? I'm going to guess that even the 2.1 figure was over a small sample size. Take this for what it is, but it's quite possible you're not even a winning player.
Old 04-28-2005, 12:51 PM

Steve:

I've been where you're at. Like it or not, there's some good replies there that would be hard to swallow.

I remember going from 4 to 5. I did so because I wanted to get used to looking at another monitor. I then move up progressively, but over a few short # of hands to 8 tabling. After I started learning more how to adjust my play to certain players in the game taking different actions, trying to do more math at the table, trying to read hands a bit better, trying to make better river decisions....just improving my game, I soon realized that I wasn't playing poker very well. Then, I realized that I wasn't ready to play poker well at that number of tables (even though I thought I did when I started). I've now gone down to about 3 tables, and even then I'm realizing that sometimes I start to go into autoplay mode and not really play the game as well as I can. Now..when I say play as well as I can, I'm not talking about playing a great game, I'm talking about just playing as well as 'I' can.

This game is hard, but it's so easy to think you're better than you are. Sometimes you win just because other people are making more mistakes or more costly mistakes than you are. Sometimes you win because you simply made the right decision, but did so for the wrong reason or just got lucky. It's a game where you really have to be able to look at yourself with scrutiny and allow others to do the same. You can't see what you don't know to look for.

Post hands and stick around.
Old 04-28-2005, 01:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
20,000 hands is statistically meaningless.

Also, post lots of hands. If you get a bunch of NH replies, you are doing nothing wrong...

But I have a feeling you will get a lot of helpful critiques [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

He is certainly a winning player 4 tabling. Most likely over 2BB/100.

-SmileyEH

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously with he sample size he is talking about this isnt true anymore. Fcuking noobs.

-SmileyEH
Old 04-28-2005, 01:17 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

[ QUOTE ]
the thing is i was running good for about 20,000 hands, the odds of someone running that good for that period of a time is pretty slim.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's not slim at all. the SD on your winrate is over 1 BB/100 over that period. 3 standard deviations represents anything possible and 2 is 95%. so it's highly likely you were running good, and aren't as good as you think
Old 04-28-2005, 01:18 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Also, post lots of hands. If you get a bunch of NH replies, you are doing nothing wrong...

But I have a feeling you will get a lot of helpful critiques [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

-SmileyEH

[/ QUOTE ]

your opinion on this topic means nothing until you hit your inevitable downswing
Old 04-28-2005, 01:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

-SmileyEH

[/ QUOTE ]

your opinion on this topic means nothing until you hit your inevitable downswing

[/ QUOTE ]

two 200BB downswins at 5/10 6max and one 180BB downswing at 2/4 full. But I'm sick of justifying my opinions.

-SmileyEH