Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2005, 01:49 PM

Default Re: Try a Tricky River Trap?

aggie was suggesting he might bet more hands than he calls, such as sometimes checking a K (but presumably pretty much always calling with one given stack size).
Old 04-27-2005, 08:22 PM

prima
Old 04-27-2005, 08:27 PM

"The point that I'm getting at is that, depending on the specifics of his profile, your turn check-raise is going to keep him from firing a third barrel if he has absolutely nothing"

if he had a missed draw my turn c/r will probably keep him from bluffing the river, so your point though saying i shouldn't c/r to begin with is a good point for me going all in on the river after c/r the turn, not trying to trap. if i check the river it's obvious i'm trapping him.

i don't think he has absolutely nothing, and even if he did i could try and win a small pot from that nothing or raise for value, doens't seem worth it to keep the pot small. he will play a decent size pot with a king here.
Old 04-27-2005, 09:08 PM

might as well because he will call with a king and not bet if doesn't have one. I don't think he will feel he could steal the pot if he doesn't.
Old 04-27-2005, 09:43 PM

Danny,

How about a value bet of about a dime?

Will probably call that, but I dunno if this cat calls all in. if he has a lesser boat let him push.
Old 04-27-2005, 10:03 PM

Have to agree with this line, bet 1k. I doubt a K other than AK will likely push behind you here after that turn CR unless you've been really hammering him but a smaller flopped FH will almost certainly push so I think your goal has to be to extract the max from any K or some pair like QQ that isn't giving you credit for the K and if he reads it as a post oak move on your part then he might very well push with KQ, KJ and you'll at least get a call out of K9 or less.
Old 04-27-2005, 11:50 PM

Default Bruiser is bad

just consistantly lucky.

honestly, imagine being that bad.

overplayed his roll, and experienced supreme luck.

play me heads up on stars 20+1. Handle Zelijostocko
Old 04-28-2005, 04:23 AM

Default Re: Bruiser is bad

Excuse me, but thats my Pstars name.

whoeveer you are, (Tbach?) I'd appreciate it if you used your own name, and not mine.
Old 04-28-2005, 04:54 AM

Mike,

I know my standard line here as do you, (check-call, check-call, bet) but I'd like to play devils advocate here.

First of all, villain can easily have a draw here. The way he played this hand, it kinda has that feel to it. If I had a flush draw, I think I'd bet the flop and turn as well. Usually I'll opt for a free card, but you are so rarely going to get checkraised on this type of board and if you do its probably like a boat. I'm not totally familiar with the texture of this prima game, but I'd think most people would not play this hand like bruiser and check raise the turn with just a king.... Especially K-crap.

If this opponent is real loose and will give action with his draw, a worse king, or even a two-pair or something, then I'll buy bruiser's line.

On the river, I think this spot a check is much better given the range of hands you are against. I really doubt the villain will check through a king here, especially because he might think you were on a weirdly played missed draw or bluff or something and think you might end up calling with a 2-pair getting a little less than 3:1 because of the missed draw? I'm sure bruiser does not have a nit image. The bluff equity plus the fact I just think you'll get paid off here plenty often with second best hands, I like checking the river better than betting.

-Jason
Old 04-28-2005, 09:35 AM

Default Re: Bruiser is bad

[ QUOTE ]
just consistantly lucky.

honestly, imagine being that bad.

overplayed his roll, and experienced supreme luck.

play me heads up on stars 20+1. Handle Zelijostocko

[/ QUOTE ]

I can count on one hand the number of players on this forum that I would favor over Bruiser in a heads-up match.

ML4L