Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2005, 07:35 AM

Default Golden Riviera Poker problems

Does anyone have any experience with Golden Riviera Poker and transferring money to them through Neteller?

I sent them money on monday but the site gave an error and said try again later. No prob I waited a while and tried it again a full minute later [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] and the site gave the same error.

Ok nevermind I thought I'll hop somewhere else first and I tried to send money there and it said insufficient funds. So then I checked Neteller and Golden Riviere took the amount from my account BOTH times!!

I didn't see a big problem as I thought I would simply mail them and Neteller and see what went wrong.

Goldern Riviera said that they needed transaction codes and Neteller sent me transaction codes cause they said I would need them. Perfect I thought, everyone is working in unison on this one I'll be able to play shortly.....

I sent the codes to Riviera and got this:

Please note that your query/request has been forwarded to our accounts department, who will get back to you as soon as possible. The department operates between the hours of 08:30 – 17:00 GMT+2 weekdays. They will respond to your query as soon as they return to work.

Bummer I thought, I'll have to wait until tomorrow morning. This statement a bit further down the mail gave me a giggle:

Remember that we're here for you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year!

But although a bit disappointed that I couldn't play today I figured that it would be resolved when I woke up on my day off the next day so no problem.

As you have seen coming it's well over 60 hours later and I've sent two more mails (one a day I think I'm being really good) and haven't had a reaction since. Not from the accounts department and not from support telling me what's wrong and asking me to be more patient.

Should I start to get worried? Is there anything I can do about this apart from accept the fact that my money is gone they're all crooks and never play on a Prima site again?

I've asked them to simple refund the money in my Neteller account as I don't feel comfortable with the way they treat money issues so just to spite me they'll probably put the money in my Riviera account in a day or two so I can transfer it back myself and wait another 5 days or so before it hits Neteller again as I'm not going to play at all with them after this.

What do I hear you say? Get over it?

Yeah you're probably right [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 04-27-2005, 11:56 AM

Default Re: Golden Riviera Poker problems

I played there this weekend for the first time with no issues at all.

I deposited $50 and got $50 for a sign up bonus.
I got an email for their weekly reload and deposited another
$50 for $20 bonus.

The two bonuses were available to play with even before playing one hand, and I worked them off at the same time. So, I played 100 hands, and in less than an hour earned $70 in bonus (plus a $20 bonus for being refered).

The referal bonus appeared in my account automatically within 6 hours.

I then withdrew $194 (including my whooping $4 winning) and it hit Neteller in less than 24 hours.

Everything went smooth.

So, as long as Poker Phil keeps sending those weekly reloads, I'll deposit every week and play once a month to work off all the weekly bonuses at the same time.
Old 04-27-2005, 06:26 PM

Default Re: Golden Riviera Poker problems

Same thing happened to me a few weeks ago with the deposit not showing up. Took them a few days but the finally creditted my account - along with the bonus that was supposed to go with it. Just keep sending them an email - they'll get it right eventually.