Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2005, 09:54 AM

Default Stats Help 16k hands, Looking for advice

Alright, I've been lurking on here for awhile and this is my first post. I thought I would post my PT stats and ask for advice. I know this is a small sample (only 16,287 hands), but I thought is a good place to start.

These are all PP 2/4 hands

VPIP 22.77 (too loose)
VPIP in SB 41.46 (again too loose)
Folded SD to steal 84.13
Folded BB to steal 74.7
Att. to Steal 27.85
Won $ WSF 29.32 (Is this very low?)
Went to SD 30.52
Won $ @ SD 52.63
PFR 8.72
Flop Aggression 2.88
Turn Aggression 3.19
River Aggression 2.19
Folded to River bet 50.16 (Too high?)
Loss from BB .15 BB
Loss from SB .11 SB
BB per 100 3.56
Standard Deviation per 100 18.89BB

OK here my thoughts.

I'm too loose, I know this and I working on it. I've tried to eliminate hands in EP such as QTs, JTs, AXs, maybe I shouldn't have been playing these in EP to begin with.

Won $ WSF, this seems VERY low. I'm not sure what the problem is here, could it be that I'm folding some draws I should be staying with. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

My aggression factors seem higher than the norm on all streets. Is this a problem? I feel it works for me. Again, Thoughts would be appreciated.

Lastly I've noticed a Standard Deviation of 18.89 BB per 100 hands. This is not often discussed on these forums but this seems VERY high. Could this be due to my looseness PF combined with my Aggression numbers? And if so, is this a bad thing? I'm not sure If I'm just trying to justify poor play here, just being honest.

I appreciate any advice that anyone is willing to give, and keep up the good work folks. If I keep playing maybe I'll feel confortable enough to offer some advice, until then I'll just ask the questions.
Old 04-27-2005, 10:01 AM

Default Re: Stats Help 16k hands, Looking for advice

You are too loose, which would affect your low $WSF What game are you playing? If 2/4 not too bad. If 3/6, need to tighten up more. And yes, you are folding too much to river bets.

There is a good post by CallMeIshmael that has stats from winning players. Subject was something about Tiger Woods.

Aggression is probably towards the high side, which could hurt you if you are playing too many marginal hands.

my $.02
Old 04-27-2005, 11:05 AM

I dont think 50 fold to river bets is too high.

I think you're too loose from the SB, and you call too much preflop.

With a VPIP of 22, you need a pfr% of 11 or so. You need to be playing stuff aggressivly.
Old 04-27-2005, 11:11 AM

you should know what the consensus is for stats on these forums.

id say that you have been running good and will certainly not maintain that win rate.

raise more. steal more. fold to river bet a little less. fold your sb more often. defend your bb more often.

you are losing way too much from the sb. if you folded more from here your vpip would drop like 4 points.