Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2005, 09:05 AM

Default Re: am i obligated to restock mom\'s BF\'s beer?

[ QUOTE ]
so, my mother has a serious boyfriend. fiance would be a more appropriate term.

i go visit, i drink his beer. i often drink alot.

he makes blah money it seems and my mother does extremely well.

am i obligated by social convention to resupply what i've drank? what if i often drink them all? i would do this for a friend but dont see the necessity here.

i happen to believe that since he's porking my mother not to mention slicing off a piece of my family's assets for himself once they're married, he can just live with always being out of beer after i leave.

any thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you drinking beer with him? If so, then no, you do not have to restock. If you are drinking his beer while he is not there then you do.
Old 04-27-2005, 09:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i cant believe that noone here thinks its inappropriate for a man to ask a woman to marry him and not first consult with the eldest male in the family.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure it never dawned on him to consult with a spoiled, entitled, alcoholic puke of a potential stepson.

[ QUOTE ]
i think it has more to do with who has class and who doesn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

This has been painfully obvious to all who've read your post.

[ QUOTE ]
for the record, anyone who asks a woman to marry them and doesnt consult with the father first is a chump. i can see disagreements about son, uncle type situations but unless the father is estranged, this is absolutely mandatory.

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to make restitution for the DVD of Moonstruck you swiped from the library.
Old 04-27-2005, 09:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
so, my mother has a serious boyfriend. fiance would be a more appropriate term.

i go visit, i drink his beer. i often drink alot.

he makes blah money it seems and my mother does extremely well.

am i obligated by social convention to resupply what i've drank? what if i often drink them all? i would do this for a friend but dont see the necessity here.

i happen to believe that since he's porking my mother not to mention slicing off a piece of my family's assets for himself once they're married, he can just live with always being out of beer after i leave.

any thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope! I am in the same boat with my Ma Dukes, I have also made it very clear to my moms BF

#1 in my mind he doesn't exist

#2 If he even looks at me cross eyed we are going to have a problem
Old 04-27-2005, 09:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i cant believe that noone here thinks its inappropriate for a man to ask a woman to marry him and not first consult with the eldest male in the family.

[/ QUOTE ]

Should he ask for a dowry, too?
Old 04-27-2005, 10:12 AM

How old are you?

I don't get this entire thread. It's turned into you calling this guy out for being a jerk, combined with you denying the ulterior motives you might have for drinking his beer without replinishment.

Normally, I wouldn't believe that anyone could get any sort of satisfaction out of something trivial like this, but I don't see any other explanation for what you're doing.

Shouldn't you have a better awareness of where you stand in your family so you could answer a mundane question like this on your own? If you don't, why don't you just ask your mom? She'd certainly have a better idea about what you should do than a bunch of morons like me on the Internet who are gonna pass judgement on you without really helping. But maybe that's what you wanted. Anyway, good luck.

Rob
Old 04-27-2005, 10:16 AM

if you pound all the beer when you go over there and also have the intent to do this ---

if im going somewhere and im going to drink i would never show up empty handed in the first place, but if you just happen be visiting and are offered to have a few here and there i see no need to replace it

i would show up every once in a while then and bring a case or dozen of the beer of choice

cheers