Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2005, 02:39 AM

Default Mabey he is Jesus

So did you see Ferguson looking at a deck one card at a time and then knowing the last card. I tried it with A-5. Not really trying hard, no surprise, missed.

Does this take a photographic memory or one of those memory tricks? I think this would be a good drill. I am gonna start with 3 cards to build my confidence.
Old 04-26-2005, 03:16 AM

Default spoiler

it's been posted here a few times.

he assigns a number to each card in the deck. 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] = 1, 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] = 2, 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] = 3, 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] = 4, 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] = 5, 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] = 6 ... A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] = 52.

the total is 1378. He practices recalling the number for each card at a glance, then counts them down as he deals them out.

At the end, he has a number between 1326 and 1377. subtract that number from 1378 and you have the missing card.
Old 04-26-2005, 03:55 AM

Default Re: spoiler

mabey he is...
Old 04-26-2005, 06:50 PM

Thanks. I was 99% sure it was a trick. (.5% photographic memory, .5% he was Christ).
Old 04-26-2005, 09:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks. I was 99% sure it was a trick. (.5% photographic memory, .5% he was Christ).

[/ QUOTE ]

thats a big % when you think about it.
Old 04-27-2005, 05:35 AM

Default Re: Mabey he is Jesus

At the risk of being blasted as a liar, I saw that same trick back on the first airing of the show and did it without knowing the "trick" on my fourth attempt. What I did was break the cards into four groups, keep track of which groups had filled up, and then tried to make an educated guess from memory out of the range of cards I knew the missing one was from. Fergusons way is a lot better.