Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2005, 07:55 PM

Default Family pot, not sure where i\'m at

Just sat down no good reads. Never really sure where i was throughout the hand. Comments on every street except pre-flop appreciated.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (8 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(8 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, CO calls, SB folds.

River: (11.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, MP2 checks, CO checks.

Final Pot: 11.50 BB
Old 04-26-2005, 08:13 PM

Default Re: Family pot, not sure where i\'m at

No comments about pre-flop? Awww.... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Bah, I'll comment anyways.

Pre-flop: check is fine, raise is fine. You're going to have to hit to win on this hand, and your hand isn't the sturdiest, but with 7:1 odds on a bet with a fairly high suited one-gapper, I'm thinking a raise is +EV.

Flop: check/call seems fine. You've got two overcards (one weak, one OK), a backdoor flush, and a double gutshot straight. Nothing to write home about, but enough pot equity to keep going, especially with four overcalls in front of you.

Turn is your card. You carped the diem, and you were right to do so. Everybody's running scared, and you've got to like that.

River is a bit o' stinky cheese, I admit -- nothing like four to the straight on the board to freak out top pair. With three opponents, I'm not sure I lead this river, either. I hope your plan is to call if someone behind you bets, because you've still got enough of a hand to pay off one bet. I'd probably fold this for two, however.