Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2005, 05:16 PM

Default Re: KJs from BB against a raise

I think the hand wasn't played as poorly as you think. If three betting would have isolated you against the loose raiser, i think its a good play. as far as raising the flop, i'd just call trying to build a pot with all these players and the 2nd nut flush. Turn bet is good. IF villain is a maniac, (ie he'd raise here with any club) i'd probably 3bet the river. If he's just throwing money around and raises mean nothing, then i don't give him credit for the ace, and everyone else has folded so i'm not too worried about being good.
Old 04-26-2005, 05:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
His read on SB is that he raises with a huge range of hands. I think our risk of domination here is low.

Having said that, I think you should look for a better opportunity to 3-bet him preflop. I'd just call here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well put. I was just about to post something similar.
Old 04-26-2005, 05:17 PM

It is relativly low, i agree, but at this limit many people limp with hands like AK or KQ.
If you dont get a flush flop then the next best situation would be a jack high flop, not a king high flop.
Old 04-26-2005, 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you raise the flop you're just going to blow everyone out of the hand, which will lower your equity.

[/ QUOTE ]

But increases our chances of winning when hit a K or a J. I don't mind a flop raise here.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yup, and like the OP said, the PFRer's PFR% is 25%... We are in great shape on this flop. I would raise.
Old 04-26-2005, 05:21 PM

I raise this flop to knock out opponents. That way, if I don't make my flush (which I probably won't), I might still win if I catch a K or J.

</GRUNCHING>
Old 04-26-2005, 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
His read on SB is that he raises with a huge range of hands. I think our risk of domination here is low.

Having said that, I think you should look for a better opportunity to 3-bet him preflop. I'd just call here.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes. that is why i suggested 3-betting, but you're not going to most likely get it HU and you're OOP. i reposted to adjust for new thinking [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 04-26-2005, 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i agree with raising the flop. my question is a step backwards: why not 3-bet preflop?

[/ QUOTE ]

A 3-bet by Hero won't get the loose limpers out of the pot. Also, even tho the Villan PFRs a lot, his raise from the SB in to a multiway field indicates a better hand. In addition Hero's position is perfect for protecting on the flop. SB is likely to bet any flop, and Hero can face the field with 2 cold, increasing his chances to win. But if Hero 3-bets PF and villan calls then checks the flop, a bet by Hero doesn't offer any protection. I like just calling better than 3-betting PF.

Flop action seems fairly close to me between just calling and raising. Without the A of trump, I'll raise more often than just call. There's value in either, however.
Old 04-26-2005, 05:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It is relativly low, i agree, but at this limit many people limp with hands like AK or KQ.
If you dont get a flush flop then the next best situation would be a jack high flop, not a king high flop.

[/ QUOTE ]
So would you never raise KJs? Because I think its a pretty powerful hand. Saying that "people limp with AK/AJ/KQ" is true, but I'm not letting other people's incorrect play force me into giving up EV.
Old 04-26-2005, 05:40 PM

If loose limpers will call a hero 3-bet preflop, then wouldn't reraising be the correct play? Give them the opportunity to make the mistake of calling.

Fishlips