Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2003, 02:01 PM

Default Heads up help

I'm finally getting to the final two in some tourneys, but have little experience at them..and am doing horribly.

Last night I was about a 2.5 to 1 chip leader. Still in the range of 60x the big blind, so not maniac time.
This was in Pot Limit Omaha, so maybe the fact that I haven't played a lot of it was part of it.

So, should you play very aggressive, or is it better to wait for a good hand. I gather a lot has to do with the opponent.

So any type of theory on how to play when down to two would be helpful.

Thanks

SD
Old 03-14-2003, 05:53 PM

Default Re: Heads up help

My play tends to be aggressive , but i also tend to slowplay monster hands no matter what the game. In pot limit omaha heads up , there are few hands that are big favorites preflop. I think you are correct that your play should vary depending on your opponent. I tend to play more aggressively against hand readers and tight players , and trap the aggressive ones. i think that the chip count also dictates your play as well. Only experience will really help you in determining how to play heads up. There are alot of heads up tourneys on the internet poker sites , but this doesn't really help much in live tourneys(in my own experience). I will change my strategy based on all of those factors as well as whether or not a deal has been made.