Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2005, 09:07 PM

Default Re: Idol. Constantin to win?.

There was talk about Tradesports.. dont know much about it... the juice sucks at this stage.. I got 10 Constanines for $7 a pop, during the first week of this thing... that looked bad as he dropped as low as $5 not to long ago.... then "Momma.....
Old 04-25-2005, 09:46 PM

huh? he gets more votes than Bo every single week why would that change heads up?

this statement is not based on any fact. therefore it should be considered only conjecture when factoring this statement into any investment choices.

the *only* thing we know for sure is that constantine got more votes than BO in the week that BO was bottom 2.

other than that, BO could have kicked his butt every other week of the competition. the results are guarded by a big 8 accounting firm (and not the kenyan branch) and the only thing that is released is bottom 3 per week (will just be bottom 2 soon).

there are no numbers provided for vote count, rank of finish etc.

to SS.

What do you mean by this Granny? Are you planning to dump all your contracts for whatever values when it gets to the bottom three (which is almost a lock to be Bo, Carrie and Constantine)

i think vonzell is a potential spoiler to this whole thing. i have a very nice situation right now that requires top 3 to be rockers and carrie. vonzell poses a threat to this because i simply would have hedged. it is too costly to hedge them all.

my plan is to start dumping constantine after next weeks eliminations, then dump my bo's when final 4 is determined. if i dump everything i have now, this second, i have a tiny net gain for the season. however, if i don't dump this second, but wait and do it as i described, i'll lock up $5k easy and end up keeping a couple dozen contracts of my choice.

i will take the 5k lock-up ANYDAY with the way it is lined up now. there are too many things that can go wrong. if i lock up 5k, it actually is a 9k swing after i get my investment back and i don't have to sweat it.

i may be giving up 20k if things worked perfectly, but this is a great season to bow out without ever risking what really is 9k.
Old 04-25-2005, 09:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Gonna throw $1,250 on Constantin, just as a tribute to Mercury...and to back my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

too much

i don't like him against *anyone* but vonzell.

if your purchase intentions are to try and make a short term profit as it approaches the end, then just put $500 in there.

however, putting all that up with the intentions of going for the win is a really bad bet imo.
Old 04-26-2005, 12:52 AM

This might be a dumb question but exactly how do you sell short provided you have the available money in your account?

Also, IMHO, I believe Vonzell is the best place to make money at this point.
Old 04-26-2005, 12:57 AM

Its simple really. Each contestant has a Buy and Sell point. For example Constantine is 17 sell, 21 buy. You can sell as many constantines as you can cover (meaning you need to have $100 in the account for each, in case he won, and you were still holding, you would have to buy back at full contract value)

So after you sell them, you can buy them back at any time to cover. So if next week his buy price fell to 15, you can buy back and make $2 on each. In the event he was voted off, you made $17 on each.
Old 04-26-2005, 01:11 AM

Wait until the last day of the competition when the final voting is revealed and shop around for arbs as the prices go crazy based on last second rumors.

Better yet, get a jump by starting your own rumors.
Old 04-26-2005, 10:25 AM

I agree with Granny, I don't think Connie can win, simply because he doesn't sing that well - and in the end America usually gets it right and picks a good singer over a pretty boy/hot chick.

He will make the final 4, perhaps final 3 if Vonzell doesn't step up, but I don't see him winning. I dumped most of my Constantines that I bought at 5, so now I'm freerolling on Bo for a nice payday. I kept some Con's just in case he wins so at least I will make some profit on him. (Of course I'll be mad I sold most of them if he ends up winning, but I think Bo has a better chance and I'd rather freeroll than bet my entire stake on Constantine).

At this stage of the game I think you either have to hedge and cut your profit potential, or if you are a gambler let it all ride. My feeling is that Carrie is most likely gonna win (and I don't own any Carries), so I decided to hedge and freeroll for a chance at a lesser profit.
Old 04-28-2005, 03:01 AM

GrannyMae you win! You are the biggest loser in the world.

Your Pal,

MRV
Old 04-28-2005, 03:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
GrannyMae you win! I am the biggest loser in the world.

Your Pal,

MRV

[/ QUOTE ]

Fixed it for you.