Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2005, 02:25 PM

Default Re: Was I robbed or did I play poorly?

Thanks everyone for the responses, except bottomset who felt the need to talk smack and provide nothing constructive to the conversation. Robbed was a figure of speech buddy!

This was my first post to the site, I will refrain from posting the results in the future, I see your points there with that causing bias, etc.

After looking back at the reads I had on BB, I should have known he had a powerful hand. I was caught up in the big pot and my aces.

Thanks again!
Old 04-25-2005, 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Thanks everyone for the responses, except bottomset who felt the need to talk smack and provide nothing constructive to the conversation. Robbed was a figure of speech buddy!

This was my first post to the site, I will refrain from posting the results in the future, I see your points there with that causing bias, etc.

After looking back at the reads I had on BB, I should have known he had a powerful hand. I was caught up in the big pot and my aces.

Thanks again!

[/ QUOTE ]

BB was betting the worst hand on the turn? so I don't know exactly what read you had that makes sense, given the way he played it .. seems like a rationalization after the fact

sorry to be soo rude, but your post had the typical new player OMG my Aces got cracked what did i do wrong type feel to it ... and your post had a bunch of secondguessing type comments in it that signify some major misunderstandings about the game

first off AA loses about 18-28% of the time, its something you need to get used to, when it loses, it often costs quite a few bets, and the pots can be quite large .. however it will always win more than its fair share vs any number of opponents, and plays well vs 1 or 9

if you have reads you need to post them in the original post, they can make a huge difference in how to go about playing a hand

[ QUOTE ]
first. I probably shouldnt have raised after the turn or river. I did so after the flop to hopefully fold out those straight draws. Its so hard not to bet aggressively with Aces, especially after you have put in so much...would you have been able to fold it? Even if I checked the turn or river, I would have had to call down at least one if not two bets.

[/ QUOTE ]

there are a lot of problems with those comments, first the pot is huge you aren't folding any straight or flushdraws .. second the amount you put into the pot on previous rounds has no bearing on what you do on future rounds(that you don't make a -EV call because you put x bets in already)

you shouldn't focus on trying to find a fold, you should focus on trying to win the pot, in very large pots that means making raises that have the potential to make your opponent make a mistake .. the turn raise is good, there is still a shot you have the best hand, if not you have a good draw to the best hand
Old 04-25-2005, 02:46 PM

I put CO on a Set & go into Check/Call after the 3-Bet
Old 04-25-2005, 04:32 PM

with that large a field, and that large a pot, anyone consider not raising BB's flop bet and waiting until the turn?
Old 04-25-2005, 04:56 PM

I like everything until the river. Your equity was very high on every pre-river street and your bets all had solid value with that many stations involved.

Did you really think one pair was winning this pot on the river? I'd just call the river bet. You aren't winning this pot by getting a better hand to fold the river for you.
Old 04-25-2005, 05:15 PM

fine until the river. just call.
Old 04-25-2005, 05:27 PM

You are right bottomset, I am a new player and was surprised to see the outcome of the hand. I probably could have chosen a better way to come across in my post. I appreciate your advice. Im just trying to learn from my beats. Its easy to tell someone how to play pre-flop, but post-flop it gets grey. There is a lot of information and opinions out there for a newb like me to take in...I apologize if I came across as a whiny little bitch. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I pretty much knew I was losing the pot after the river card. I guess I kept raising after the turn hoping to fold them out. I know a single top pair usually isnt good enough to win.

The read I had on BB was that he was a mouse. What Ive learned looking into my stats is that I need to be more careful with high pocket pairs. Its where I seem to lose the most money, thinking they will hold out.

Thanks again everyone.
Old 04-25-2005, 05:57 PM

I think you played it correctly, except maybe you could have called the river. I do have some problems with your reasoning though:
[ QUOTE ]
I probably shouldnt have raised after the turn or river. I did so after the flop to hopefully fold out those straight draws.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you mean? Even if someone is on a 3 outer gutshot straight draw (that's if he's not counting the 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img])-which is the same draw you are on, your two-betting the flop is NOT GOING TO STOP HIM FROM CALLING. First of all, he would be correct in calling two bets. Any open ended staight draws will call-and they should, and any flush draws will call or raise-and they should. You should not be betting this flop because you are trying to push people out (it won't work, the pot is too large), you should be betting this flop because YOU HAVE THE BEST HAND.
[ QUOTE ]
would you have been able to fold it?

[/ QUOTE ]
Folding this hand, with this pot, on this board, is NOT an option.