Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2005, 09:00 PM

Default Re: KK 5-10 No-Limit

[ QUOTE ]
I've been talking about leaving for the past 15 minutes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm suprised no one has said anything about this. Is it possible that the old man is making a play against hero here because he is leaving soon after a profitable session? If the old man is smart and tricky at all I could see him reraising with QQ and maybe even JJ.
Old 04-24-2005, 10:47 PM

Default Re: KK 5-10 No-Limit

This is an easy call preflop. Folding is out of the question.

You don't want to reraise because you will fold out worse hands and either get trapped by AA or get repopped then and there.

Take a flop. Play some poker.

What exactly is the problem here? Are you scared of the old man. You have a good idea what he has, he has a less clear idea of what you have. So now you can represent whatever draws/hands show up on the board. If he's the typical old man playing NL, you can push him off that pair of aces pretty easily on the turn or river.

But it sounds like you don't want to gamble cuz you just had a nice session. If that's the case, then just pack up your chips and leave. But folding kings here is a mistake, and if you wanna maximize your overall EV you at the very least need to see a flop.

If the flop didn't contain an A, I'd lead the flop for about 1/2 pot and get a read on old man while he thinks about what to do.

Nothing hard about this decision.