Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2005, 08:43 PM

Default Re: Your play here?

With 8BB, don't you also have to consider that you may have a better opportunity at a better position than pushing here with 6 left to act with a hand like 55, regardless of Eastbay's program?
Old 04-24-2005, 09:06 PM

btw for what its worth I would definitely fold 55 and 66. (might change if blinds are up very next hand)
Old 04-24-2005, 10:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A lot of this comes from the fact that with a really loose range you get called by worse hands way too much.

[/ QUOTE ]

Try setting a couple/few of them to call with 22+ instead of 66+ and 55+ will come out +$EV. I'm not sure what I will do gametime 4-tabling here. I think in practice it will be better to stick with 66+ or maybe 77+.
Old 04-24-2005, 10:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A lot of this comes from the fact that with a really loose range you get called by worse hands way too much.

[/ QUOTE ]

Try setting a couple/few of them to call with 22+ instead of 66+ and 55+ will come out +$EV. I'm not sure what I will do gametime 4-tabling here. I think in practice it will be better to stick with 66+ or maybe 77+.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who's calling with 22 here? Seriously.
Old 04-24-2005, 10:11 PM

Button guaranteed. Small blind maybe. Big blind possibly.

And, oh yeah, people are crazy. Yesterday I got spite called by a 23 (it was sooted).
Old 04-24-2005, 10:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on man, you do play at Party, right?
Old 04-24-2005, 10:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on man, you do play at Party, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh, I'm sure Eastbay's tool is good, I'm just not liking any line that says pushing 55 UTG here is good. I think they're are other variables. And the problem with these broad ranges is that 22 will call less often than AQ. I hate giving 6 hands to 22 for the calculation.

Anyway, I think pushing with anything less than 88 here is usually a mistake. And I'm sticking to it. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-24-2005, 10:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Eh, I'm sure Eastbay's tool is good, I'm just not liking any line that says pushing 55 UTG here is good. I think they're are other variables. And the problem with these broad ranges is that 22 will call less often than AQ. I hate giving 6 hands to 22 for the calculation.

[/ QUOTE ]

While that may be true, you really shouldn't mind getting called by AQ. Sure you'd rather just win the blinds, but getting into a coinflip vs a non-blind is +EV (but not much).

This is actually a bit of a surprise to me, but the math backs it up.
Old 04-24-2005, 10:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

While that may be true, you really shouldn't mind getting called by AQ. Sure you'd rather just win the blinds, but getting into a coinflip vs a non-blind is +EV (but not much).

This is actually a bit of a surprise to me, but the math backs it up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know, I'm just saying that these simulations don't take that variable into the equation. When you plug 22 in, it gets the same weight as QQ. QQ is calling you 99% of the time here, 22 may not call you 15% of the time.

Anyway, I also would still mention that with 8BB I can wait for a better spot rather than pushing 55 with 6 left to act.
Old 04-24-2005, 10:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know, I'm just saying that these simulations don't take that variable into the equation. When you plug 22 in, it gets the same weight as QQ. QQ is calling you 99% of the time here, 22 may not call you 15% of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's my idea. I'm working on a range of hands calculator that lets you do stuff like that. Shh.