Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2005, 04:15 PM

Default Re: Tricky River; Good Bluff Inducer?

Yeah there's now way I fold 22 to that raise!
Old 04-24-2005, 05:01 PM

So to "keep it simple" this means you would push on the turn?? Either that or you would "simply" fold easily???

BTW:
Ahighcard is drawing dead
A7 has the (2) 4s as outs = 2outs on the turn
PP has (2) 4s + (2) of the same rank as outs = 4outs on turn

Do you still want to "simply" go allin on the turn??? Doesn't a plan to induce a bluff seem like the way to get money at this point??????? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

I'd much rather give him "odds" to at most four outs on the turn than to push on the turn. If I'm already behind then he flopped topset/turned quads, lol isn't THIS simple?
Old 04-24-2005, 05:09 PM

Your range of hands, which basically includes busted overcards and complete junk is far too narrow.

He said he has a big hand from the start. He wants to play it for a big pot.
Old 04-24-2005, 05:25 PM

Weird, I just posted a very similar hand. I'll post my decision there after I get a few responses.
Old 04-24-2005, 05:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Your range of hands, which basically includes busted overcards and complete junk is far too narrow.

He said he has a big hand from the start. He wants to play it for a big pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

How so? A big hand on a 6max can include two broadway cards. The way he bet this one out on the flop can look like AK. He CALLED my minraise on flop?! Overpair reraises here most of the time and does not slowplay. Him taking a long time to just CALL my turn bet of only 1/3 the pot is the OPPOSITE of showing that he wants to play for a big pot, otherwise he would have reraised that bet. I don't see a single point in this hand that shows he wants to play for a big pot. His allin on the river doesnt even show that.
Old 04-24-2005, 09:11 PM

Bump
Old 04-25-2005, 04:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So to "keep it simple" this means you would push on the turn??

[/ QUOTE ]
You don't have to go all-in on the turn, I have no recollection on the stack deepness of villain and you.
But I wouldn't be betting a mere third of the pot either.

[ QUOTE ]
Either that or you would "simply" fold easily???

[/ QUOTE ]
Well basically yes. Since, as you so correctly put it in another thread, all my opponents are professionals, once I boat up, I usually fold, unless I don't flop the boat. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Look, I really don't have much more to say to you, since you obviously don't get my point. I am not saying that my way is the correct way, I'm just giving you my view of this hand.

Once again:

A. If you are "sure" that villain has AK/AQ/AJ, and that he is capable of bluffing away his remaining stack on the river, go ahead. Check with the intention to call the all-in you are begging to get.

B. If you are not "sure" that villain has AK/AQ/AJ, and since all other legitimate holdings have you beat, either you check with the intention to fold or check with the intention to call a small bet. But I personally would probably bet out on the river, less than half the pot, and fold to a raise.

Thing is this: I can't see how you can pick A, because you have to put villain on such a narrow holding. You basically played this hand like you had top pair, or two pair, since villain was in it all the way one can expect villain to have at least a pair, or an overpair to the flop, or a middle pair to the flop, more often than that he is holding AQ and is hoping to catch something. At least I would do that.

So, if you would have called his all-in and he would turn up an A7o, would you still have posted this hand?
Old 04-26-2005, 04:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So, if you would have called his all-in and he would turn up an A7o, would you still have posted this hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

If he raised 6X PF w/ A7o and played the hand the way he did, I put a note on him saying Ax for big raise PF, add him to my buddy list and follow him around as I would be DUMBFOUNDED!

On the river after he went allin and I was making my decision to call or fold, I told myself, "I'm definitely posting this hand......." A7o however would be a waste of time and a whining post about how someone played junk cards and beat me. I post hands (VERY few at that) when the hand is interesting to me and possibly other readers of the forum. If I got extremely outplayed, but the hand was interesting enough as to warrant question/posts, I would post them. Do you think I'm posting this to "showoff" that I made a call that won a single pot? I EXPLAINED my predicament at each street and asked for input, what others do in this situation, is it -EV in the long run, am I right in putting him on a bluff, advocating to watch betting patterns, etc.... So you would not have called on the river and you're berating me for it, that's your opinion but I hope you can see the point of the post and will be open to different ways of playing hands even though that's not the way YOU always play it. Thanks for your input though, I still appreciate it. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]