Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2005, 02:46 PM

Default Re: Heads up final table - Right/Wrong play?

[ QUOTE ]
you've apparently figured this out, but ignore the first two posts. you want to be all-in on this flop, but you want to do it in a way that maximizes your FE.

i prefer a bet of ~3k on the flop. then if villain raises to 8k, you can push and have good FE and win a nice big pot if he does fold.

if he calls, not too bad. bet if you make a flush, check otherwise. you risk getting pushed off the best hand on the river if you don't improve, but so be it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is the much more appropriate line - thank you!
Old 04-24-2005, 02:51 PM

Default Re: Heads up final table - Right/Wrong play?

[ QUOTE ]
32s is your bust out hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

this comment is just complete and utter useless. obviously I don't look @ 3-2 and go "OOHHH THE POWER" anyone can bust out with anything, given an infinite number of situations, what if I had 2-7 offsuit, checked, and the flop was 7-7-7, got all the chips in he called with 10-10 and the turn/river were 10-10 "2-7 IS YOUR BUST HAND - LOLOL" save yourself some time & don't post crap like that.
Old 04-24-2005, 03:05 PM

Default THERE IS NO FOLD HERE!!!

PPL have been saying "I would have folded to his min raise" alot in this thread... There is no folding this hand in this spot with short chips like this. Let's get past that please. The main question is... How do we get all in with the most FE. With a shorter stack, say 15k, I would like check-raising all in. With this stack, schwza's advice is perfect. Lead for 3k, hope he raises, if he doesn't, push the turn.

Gavin