Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2005, 02:05 PM

Default Interesting river decision

$100 +$20 buy in tournament at the Taj. Levels start T25-T50. Everyone starts with T5000. 20 minute levels. This tournament has just started. You know the villian as a card room regular. He is familiar with your play, you are familiar with his play.

Hero limps UTG with K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] three players called and the button mini raised to T100. The big blind called. Hero flat called so did everyone else. T525 in the pot.

Flop K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Hero started action with a T300 bet. The cutoff called the button (original raiser) folded. Heads up T1125 in the pot.

Turn 2x K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Hero led out with a T1000 bet. Villian called.

River 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2x K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Should hero bet? If so how much should hero bet? If hero checks, should he call a bet? T3125 in the middle.
Old 04-24-2005, 02:11 PM

Default Re: Interesting river decision

I like a check call a bet <2000. A blocking bet wont work here because if he's ahead its probably due to the river, and he's going to want to raise. I think the only way you're getting more chips out of him while you're ahead here is by picking off a bluff.
Old 04-24-2005, 02:14 PM

A blocking bet wont work here because if he's ahead its probably due to the river, and he's going to want to raise.

I agree.
Old 04-24-2005, 02:18 PM

Thanks again for the sweat yesterday mike. You discussing the body of work of "The Weather Girls" and their hit "Its Raining Men" really helped take the stress of playing for $2,000 heads up away.
Old 04-24-2005, 02:21 PM

Thanks again for the sweat yesterday mike. You discussing the body of work of "The Weather Girls" and their hit "Its Raining Men" really helped take the stress of playing for $2,000 heads up away.

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

No problem. I had a lot of fun. I would have had a hard time after the straight over straight hand.
Old 04-24-2005, 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
River 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2x K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Should hero bet? If so how much should hero bet? If hero checks, should he call a bet? T3125 in the middle.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd check call about half the pot.
Old 04-24-2005, 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd check call about half the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

You wouldnt even consider a 1/4 sized bet?
Old 04-24-2005, 02:32 PM

You mean leading for a 1/4 of the pot? No, in this hand I don't think its worth the risk of trying to get a worse hand to call when you may have potentially run into a bigger hand on the river.
Adam
Old 04-24-2005, 03:57 PM

I check call any bet that is made, I really doubt that he has a flush with how you have been betting.

The only hand I am worried about here is 99.
Old 04-24-2005, 04:18 PM

I really doubt that he has a flush with how you have been betting.

You never know.