Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2005, 03:53 AM

Default Re: What do you make of this 3-bet?

someone with JJ, would possibly just check/call, but if they bet would almost certainly just call after getting reraised. They could be re-raising because they're scared of the flush draw, but with you raising like that i doubt they're thinking you're on a flush draw.

I'm thinking this is aa/kk/qq who is saying, if you call or raise me i'm check/folding. if you fold obviously i'm good. JJ's not out of the question just not as likely.

oh, and i'm pushing back in this situation.
Old 04-24-2005, 03:58 AM

I see what you're saying, but I guess where I'm coming from if I'm holding trip jacks is that I'm assuming you're holding AA/KK/QQ. I'm not going to push too hard, but I want to keep building up this pot while I have the best of it, to see how long he'll draw to his two outer.
Old 04-24-2005, 04:14 AM

put it in context. if you had jj, a couple people before you called, you raised, then they called again, are you putting them on aa/kk/qq?
Old 04-24-2005, 04:16 AM

I could see someone calling a raise with QQ. Read dependent, of course. AA and KK, you're probably right there.
Old 04-24-2005, 04:23 AM

i forgot garland did act for the first time after the raiser, so i think aa/kk are safely out, but qq is possible, but i think that calling here would get you so much more money most of the time than raising that i'm willing to chance the q coming. even if that q came, how certain can you really be someone has qq, i'd probably still push