Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2003, 10:51 PM

Default Re: S&M review. (Sklansky read this)

It's up to everyone of course, but i just had to mention that one doesn't need such for 40%+ games. When it gets to 30-35% it becomes serious. I don't play 40%+ games that much better than when I started. My better skill didn't show on my profits, actually I made more money when I started.

HPFAP was all I had, the rest I learned myself, e.g don't call raises as loose as HPFAP recommends, except with suited hands when it's likely going to be a multiway pot.
e.g. play mostly weak-tigh, as they are calling stations. Just to mention few things most often missed.

The other thing that is usually missed is that 2-4, 3-6 is really nothing; if you have done your homework and basic practise, choose good tables, it's hard to lose in the long run, and one should take a short run risk; take 20 and it's close to a long run.

What do you get from a $1-$2 table in the longs run - around
$2. What do you lose in 2-4, 3-6? Probably nothing in the long run, and even when playing against the better players a short run, the risk shouldn't prevent, and one can lose nothing much really, 2 or $3 perhaps if one is the dog of the table.

I saw that I rather sit at a good 2-4 table than sit to grind at $1-$2 somewhere, that were very tight or a combination of half-maniacs and rocks around two years ago. truepoker has that as the lowest limit, as some other places, making it better, but it's just for basic practise; much of it is no good at 2-4, where one needs to learn the real game; with good table selection one doesn't need to start as a loser.

When there is a good enough $2-$4 table somewhere online at the same time, that's where one should be sitting at.

You are not likely to stay at $1-$2 for the most of your life, except if one plays the same game at $2-$4 or higher offline, or something happens and $2-$4 is the lowest limit offered at many places online some time at the future and the games are regularly good; then a superman might get even $6 per hour in the long run, though i suspect those lowest limits would be tighter after the flop.
Old 03-12-2003, 09:31 AM

In response to: "e.g. play mostly weak-tight, as they are calling stations"

Well the latter part of that statement may be true but ive noticed a lot of $1/$2 players can be very aggressive and if you play weak-tight they will simply run over you.
Old 03-12-2003, 11:50 AM

Default $1/$2 blinds

Remember that at TP, the blinds are $1 and $1 in the $1/$2 games, so David and/or Mason should be apprised of this before they do their reviews. Due to this fact, $2/$4 might be a better structure than $1/$2.

In any case, I'd also be interested in this regardless of the limits.
Old 03-12-2003, 11:53 AM

Default Re: $1/$2 blinds

If that is the case, I definitely would rather play 2/4, or another limit with the standard blind structures (even .5/1 would be fine).

-- Homer
Old 03-12-2003, 01:29 PM

TP doesn't use .50 chips. The lowest games are $1/$2.
Old 03-12-2003, 04:53 PM

Ok $2/$4 would be good for me. Ill email one of the hosts today and ill post their response.
Old 03-12-2003, 05:49 PM

Add me to the list. I understand the fee is $20. How long is the session? Is there a set time limit or just until I
get hammered by the rest of the table and run out of $$$? [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img] Will be looking for your post with futher details. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 03-12-2003, 09:10 PM

Hi AA:

You wrote:

Is it your equivalent of Caro's Poker U or something?

I burst out laughing when I read this.

To answer your question, if you go to the True Poker site there is information on the tutorials and how they work.

Best wishes,
Mason
Old 03-12-2003, 09:14 PM

Hi 75...

HPFAP was all I had, the rest I learned myself, e.g don't call raises as loose as HPFAP recommends, except with suited hands when it's likely going to be a multiway pot.

I don't think HPFAP says this. You may want to check it again.

best wishes,
Mason
Old 03-12-2003, 11:38 PM

I believe it is for 1 hour but ill check.