Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-2005, 09:26 AM

Default Two 2/4 Hands

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: KIngDan is SB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, KIngDan calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (11 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
KIngDan checks, UTG+2 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">KIngDan raises</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">KIngDan bets</font>, MP3 calls.

River: (9.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">KIngDan bets</font>, MP3 calls.

Final Pot: 11.50 BB

I'm pretty sure the check was right, but should I definitely checkraise? I don't know if I get any hands I want to fold, to fold. I dont know if they would call two bets with the Queen of hearts.

Hand Two

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: KIngDan is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, KIngDan calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">KIngDan bets</font>, MP2 folds, CO calls.

Turn: (4.25 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">KIngDan bets</font>, CO calls.

River: (6.25 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">KIngDan bets</font>.

Final Pot: 7.25 BB
Old 04-23-2005, 09:47 AM

Default Re: Two 2/4 Hands

Hand 1:
The flop bet is easy IMO. Your equity is hugh. Make players with [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]:s to draw to the same outs. Even if the turn brings a [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (or someone actually have flopped a flush) you'll have a great redraw. Given your check a raise is easy IMO.

Hand 2:
River bet is player dependant, but I'll bet the flop and turn against almost any player.

Since there's no connection between the 2 hands you would be better of post them separately.
Old 04-23-2005, 09:53 AM

Hand 1: I like it and I would go for the check-raise as well. If you can get your opponent to fold any kind of heart with a checkraise, it's good.

Hand 2: I think the preflop call is close and I would probably fold this in most instances, but ok. The river bet is player dependant and may have worked better if the king hadn't popped up, since he now may have paired up.

Kludde
Old 04-23-2005, 09:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 2: I think the preflop call is close and I would probably fold this in most instances, but ok.

[/ QUOTE ]
I forgot to mention. I think the preflop call isn't ok, it's the an easy fold IMO.
Old 04-23-2005, 10:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1: I like it and I would go for the check-raise as well. If you can get your opponent to fold any kind of heart with a checkraise, it's good.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think our hand is too strong and equity too great to risk getting this checked through. Sure, we might fold [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]s if the flop bet comes from the right position and we raise, but we need to fold all [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]s. Even if we succeed check/raising we will most often be drawing if a [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] falls on the turn, since the player betting the flop will often have a [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and players with big [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]s won't fold anyway.
Old 04-23-2005, 10:12 AM

Don't like the checkraise on hand 1, bet out and if it gets frisky 3-way boat up on the turn.
Old 04-23-2005, 04:26 PM

What I'm getting at is that the flop has grown big already and we need to maximize our chances to win it. You say

Sure, we might fold [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]s if the flop bet comes from the right position and we raise, but we need to fold all [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]s.

I agree that we need to fold all hearts and with a checkraise I think we have the best chance to do so. If we just bet out, it's not unreasonable to think that a player with T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] will peel another one off, while if we checkraise there is a big chance he will make a mistake and fold. Of course, we can never blow A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] off his hand, but there's a good chance it's not out there.

I think our hand is too strong and equity too great to risk getting this checked through.

I agree that it would be detrimental if this one got checked through and if you don't expect anyone to bet, then I'm all for betting myself. People in late position often tries to take a stab at pots like this, though, since everyone else shows weakness. I fully expect CO to do that, especially since he was PFR. And since a king came on the flop there's perhaps an even greater chance he will bet.

Kludde
Old 04-24-2005, 05:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If we just bet out, it's not unreasonable to think that a player with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] will peel another one off, while if we checkraise there is a big chance he will make a mistake and fold.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think we gain by letting several hearts in rather then try to get fancy and fold every heart. The same T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] make a bigger mistake by calling if there's another bigger [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] out then he does folding for 2 bets. If we bet and get several callers drawing to a heart in their hand all but one are drawing dead. We love that.

[ QUOTE ]
I agree that it would be detrimental if this one got checked through and if you don't expect anyone to bet, then I'm all for betting myself. People in late position often tries to take a stab at pots like this, though, since everyone else shows weakness. I fully expect CO to do that, especially since he was PFR. And since a king came on the flop there's perhaps an even greater chance he will bet.

[/ QUOTE ]
PFR will check pretty many hands. All hands that have not paired and don't contain a heart (AQ, AJ etc.). Even if he does bet his hand will contain a heart more than 50% of the time.
Old 04-24-2005, 05:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't like the checkraise on hand 1, bet out and if it gets frisky 3-way boat up on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

The check-raise is his best option, IMO.
Nice play.
Old 04-24-2005, 05:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The check-raise is his best option, IMO.
Nice play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you feel the checkraise is superior to betting out? I prefer betting out for all the reasons Nick Royale stated.