Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-2005, 11:00 PM

Default 30BB hand with 99 in BB

Near the end of the first orbit at the table, reads on key players from previous play - UTG+1 is loose-passive, MP3 is loose-aggressive, gets offended if you raise PF and he has Axo and he'll 3-bet, even though if checked to him he'll just call.

PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

I would raise 99 out of almost everyplace else, but I don't like raising them out of the blinds because if I miss and there are overcards I'm not quite comfortable out of position. I've been spending this week working on getting my pre-flop raise percentage into the 7-8% range, but this one felt a little tilty.

Flop: (6 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 caps</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, Hero calls.

Very interesting. I go to check-raise the beautiful flop (rainbow, no straight draws) and CO beats me to the raise. Somebody obviously has an Ace, maybe 2P. But why is MP3 calling THREE cold?? Oh yeah, he's an idiot. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

This is definitely WA/WB, as I'm only losing to AA - but between the three of them, they still have six plausible outs left between the three of them (one or two aces, two 3s, a runner-runner flush, and a runner-runner broadway pair). At best, any one of them has 2-3 outs. Or I'm drawing to a 1-outer... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Turn: (11 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Now UTG+1 and CO can't BOTH have AA... and I'm pretty sure that MP3 had Ax too. With the diamond coming up, nobody has a draw - I can't believe KQ [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] capped the flop. So at least one of these two players (the one with only 1 A) hasn't figured out that I've cold-called two twice and that maybe I have 99 or 33. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

River: (24 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Well, that wasn't exactly the card I wanted to see. I thought about 3-betting here, but I didn't want UTG+1 to fold - I'd get the same value by just calling. Of course, if I thought UTG+1 was paying attention and wouldn't ever fold with 30BB in the pot, I'd have raised!

Final Pot: 30 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has 9d 9h (full house, nines full of jacks).
UTG+1 has 4d As (two pair, aces and jacks).
CO has Ah Jh (full house, jacks full of aces).
Outcome: CO wins 30 BB. </font>
Old 04-22-2005, 11:02 PM

Default Re: 30BB hand with 99 in BB

I'd fold the river, someone has AJ.

BTW this is a joke and you played this hand terribly. Why do you keep checking and calling at random spots throughout the hand?
Old 04-22-2005, 11:07 PM

They've been capping every street and you just made a full house. Don't you want it capped on the river? I think you have the best hand most of the time here.
Old 04-22-2005, 11:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why do you keep checking and calling at random spots throughout the hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to be argumentative (because otherwise why would I have posted the hand, I'm trying to learn...), but:

Preflop: I admitted that I choked on this one.
Flop: Is check-raising that bad here? I had to call the third time around as it was already capped.
Turn: Unknown MP3 cold-called three bets. I didn't think leading into him was a good idea. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
River: You're suggesting I should fold.
Old 04-22-2005, 11:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They've been capping every street and you just made a full house. Don't you want it capped on the river? I think you have the best hand most of the time here.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I'd fold the river, someone has AJ.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 04-22-2005, 11:16 PM

Dude read the rest of his post.

He said he was kidding. I'd bet/raise/cap every street.
Old 04-22-2005, 11:20 PM

Don't include results, cap the river.
Old 04-22-2005, 11:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bet/raise/cap every street

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-22-2005, 11:37 PM

Bad beat posts blah blah.

Bet/raise is the only button you need for this hand
Old 04-23-2005, 02:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Near the end of the first orbit at the table, reads on key players from previous play - UTG+1 is loose-passive, MP3 is loose-aggressive, gets offended if you raise PF and he has Axo and he'll 3-bet, even though if checked to him he'll just call.

PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

I would raise 99 out of almost everyplace else, but I don't like raising them out of the blinds because if I miss and there are overcards I'm not quite comfortable out of position. I've been spending this week working on getting my pre-flop raise percentage into the 7-8% range, but this one felt a little tilty.

Flop: (6 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 caps</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, Hero calls.

Very interesting. I go to check-raise the beautiful flop (rainbow, no straight draws) and CO beats me to the raise. Somebody obviously has an Ace, maybe 2P. But why is MP3 calling THREE cold?? Oh yeah, he's an idiot. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

This is definitely WA/WB, as I'm only losing to AA - but between the three of them, they still have six plausible outs left between the three of them (one or two aces, two 3s, a runner-runner flush, and a runner-runner broadway pair). At best, any one of them has 2-3 outs. Or I'm drawing to a 1-outer... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Turn: (11 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Now UTG+1 and CO can't BOTH have AA... and I'm pretty sure that MP3 had Ax too. With the diamond coming up, nobody has a draw - I can't believe KQ [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] capped the flop. So at least one of these two players (the one with only 1 A) hasn't figured out that I've cold-called two twice and that maybe I have 99 or 33. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

River: (24 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Well, that wasn't exactly the card I wanted to see. I thought about 3-betting here, but I didn't want UTG+1 to fold - I'd get the same value by just calling. Of course, if I thought UTG+1 was paying attention and wouldn't ever fold with 30BB in the pot, I'd have raised!

Final Pot: 30 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has 9d 9h (full house, nines full of jacks).
UTG+1 has 4d As (two pair, aces and jacks).
CO has Ah Jh (full house, jacks full of aces).
Outcome: CO wins 30 BB. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Raise pf, position or not. 3-bet the river.