Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Staffs
My staff (Schmidt/Sheets) 4 19.05%
His staff (Santana/Prior) 17 80.95%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-22-2005, 05:37 AM

Default Poker Tracker vs Poker Office

Everybody has heard about Poker Tracker, lots of us use it. Just got hold of a link to a product called Poker Office (http://www.pokeroffice.com). Anybody know anything about it? How does it rate vs PT (vote)?
Old 04-23-2005, 07:53 AM

Default Re: Poker Tracker vs Poker Office

PokerTracker is better for analyzing holes in your game, ect, but PokerOffice is far superior during play, mostly because you have the betting history of a player for the ongoing hand printed on the table (huge advantage when multitabling.)
Old 04-23-2005, 08:11 AM

Never heard of pokeroffice but just took a look at the website and it looks good. Will try it out this afternoon and vote later.
Old 04-23-2005, 08:12 AM

never used pokeroffice, but it appears that you are unfamiliar with playerview and gametime+.
Old 04-23-2005, 08:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
never used pokeroffice, but it appears that you are unfamiliar with playerview and gametime+.

[/ QUOTE ]
I am familiar with playerview and GT+, you misunderstood me. With playerview and GT+ you get statistics based on all hands played but with pokeroffice you also get the history of bets for the ongoing hand. I.e. if someone raised pre flop $2, bet out on the flop $1, checked and called $1 on the turn it would say "R2.0|B1.0|XC1.0" under this player on the table. (R=Raise, B=Bet, etc). Screenshot from their site:

Old 04-23-2005, 01:03 PM

I read on their forum that it only supports 4 tables at once. If you're datamining what's the setup you suggest? I was thinking use PT to observe hands and PV to find the good tables. Then use PokerOffice for the current table (I only 4 table anyways) that you're seated at.
Old 04-23-2005, 01:30 PM

Interesting...I will give it a try also.
Old 04-23-2005, 01:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I read on their forum that it only supports 4 tables at once. If you're datamining what's the setup you suggest? I was thinking use PT to observe hands and PV to find the good tables. Then use PokerOffice for the current table (I only 4 table anyways) that you're seated at.

[/ QUOTE ]
From what I understand they will release support for 8 tables in a few days. The set up seems good, I initially hooked up pokeroffice/PT/GT+ on the same tables, using pokeroffice for pot odds and betting history, and PT/GT+ for the statistics. (You turn off the statistics in pokeroffice and move the GT+ statistics above the name boxes combining all three of the programs). This worked very well, but now I have swapped to using pokeroffice for the stats as well since it has a bigger selection and is action sensitive (when a player leaves the table the stats disappear instantly).
Old 04-23-2005, 02:09 PM

Is Poker Office accepted by party poker & co? The stats on board seem sketchy...could be counted as using a bot....
Old 04-23-2005, 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is Poker Office accepted by party poker & co? The stats on board seem sketchy...could be counted as using a bot....

[/ QUOTE ]

I have heard rumours that it is illegal. But, the source itself was sketchy.