Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2005, 11:42 AM

Default Re: From chip lead to bust, way to often. Please help

I think pushing the turn is the move there. I dont mind the call on the flop, hoping to milk some more from 2nd best hand on the turn.
Old 04-21-2005, 12:18 PM

Nah, my user name on UB is mikeivey... I think you're talking about a different guy, although for some reason I don't remember that hand.
Old 04-21-2005, 12:31 PM

Nah, you werent at my table. You were near the top the whole tourney though, good pull
Old 04-22-2005, 01:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I lose chips doing one of the following.

1. Overplaying 2nd best hands, when the betting should tell me I am beat One example of this: PR 15K, I am 3rd in chips just after bubble. I complete from SB (600/1200) with 99 with 4 callers. Flop is 2 4 8 rainbow. I check, chip leader bets 1/2 pot from middle position, I raise the pot, he reraises all-in. I call, he shows a set of 8s.

2. Attempting a bluff when someone is already pot committed i.e. Paradise 20+2, top 3 in chips final 2 tables(details are sketchy).
I am BB with JTs. Folded to smallish stack in CO who bets 2.5X BB. I call. Flop is rags, so I decide to push, thinking the flop missed him. It did, he calls with A8, and wins with an A high.

3. Taking coin flips that arent coin flips
Calling all-in raises from tight players with 55, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

No point in bluffing pot committed people - unless it is ONE off the bubble - then MAYBE they'll fold - but if they're truly pot committed then they shouldn't be going anywhere. Hard to say - but maybe bigger raises pf - especially on the bubble. noone likes to bust on the bubble - so if you have the stack just tape the raise button down (within reason) If you're shown resistance, just let go, and raise the next hand! if you have people that are routinely calling & showing resistance - pushing all-in every time you raise etc, don't raise if they are in the hand. Again, sometimes it's BETTER to keep the shortstacks in - if 24 people get paid, 25 people left and the shortstack has 50 chips - you're far less likely to get called on your pf raises - now is the time to steal those blinds!

edit - and avoid the other big stacks if possible