Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2005, 11:06 PM

Default Interesting KJs Hand

My reads---
MP3 78-8
CO 70-5
Button 12-3

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: (9.50 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button folds.

Turn: (6.25 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls.

River: (9.25 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero folds, MP3 calls.

Final Pot: 13.25 BB

Im not happy with my check on the turn. still i appreciate all imput. not sure if my fold is correct... im just generally confused so i would appreciate what you would do and why...
thanks,
Andrew
Old 04-21-2005, 11:08 PM

Default Re: Interesting KJs Hand

Against these loosies I'd bet the turn and see what happens there. You can still beat a lot of the hands they might be holding.
Old 04-21-2005, 11:16 PM

Yeah, I'd bet again on the turn.

Calling the river would be retarded.
Old 04-21-2005, 11:17 PM

Some idea on how they play postflop would be nice (presumably loose as they are preflop, are they aggressive? bluff a lot?).

Absent that, I bet the turn. They could have an A. But people that loose are going to have a much wider range of preflop cold-calling hands than Ax. They could well have a worse K, gutshot, flush draw, underpair, etc. If you get raised it'd be a different story, but I go ahead and bet, being given no reason to believe my hand isn't still best.

I think checking the river might be ok after betting (and getting called on the turn). Their flush/straight draws (well the realistic ones) missed, so they're only calling with a worse K or pp, or an A/better hand. I dunno, I usually wuss out on the river, trying to be more aggressive or at least offer more aggressive advice. I still think that if they are the calling type, a bet is better. Obviously if you don't check the turn the whole hand is different by then. But since you did, your line has got to be standard, no way you bet or call two cold.
Old 04-21-2005, 11:55 PM

bet turn, check call a non raised river