Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2005, 08:17 AM

Default Re: Little AK hand

[ QUOTE ]
Flop: (12 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero ...

[/ QUOTE ]

folds, you have like 4 outs here (A and K of clubs aren't good here, half a out for each of the other 4 aces and kings and 1.5 outs for your backdoor flush and maybe 0.5 for your backdoor straight.

You get 1-to-7.5 on this call (with the risk of reraised or capped behind you) you need 1-to-10.7
You only have great implied odds if you make your flush or straight, with TP you won't get paid of big, so I says fold the flop
Old 04-21-2005, 08:50 AM

*blind response, critique welcome*

checks to set up C/R...or to 3-bet raised pot
Old 04-21-2005, 09:27 AM

Grunching

C/r to knock out BB if UTG raises, but if it gets checked through, I won't lose sleep over it. I guess its like 7 or 8 outs with the your 6 A/K outs, the backdoor flush, and I don't know if its worht counting the backdoor gutshot, so bottom line is that it's worth a call if BB is betting.
Old 04-21-2005, 09:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Flop: (12 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero ...

[/ QUOTE ]

i fold because i have no reads.
the 7.5:1 i'm getting to call 2 on the flop is poor, given that there is no gaurantee that my A or K outs are good. and it is possible that BB will 3-bet behind me.
Old 04-21-2005, 09:42 AM

grunching

hero starts to cry until the next hand starts while clicking "fold".

UTG, even though we have no reads, how stupid/chip spewing can he be? I am afraid of having AA/KK, which takes away some of your outs/has you beat, QQ/TT, which you can compete against, JJ which has you dominated, or maybe has AK clubs, which takes away your draws and has you possibly drawing dead to a flush.

On top of that, BB woke up, which can't be good, showing NO aggression PF, and suddenly betting here is bad news.
Old 04-21-2005, 10:08 AM

I think a bet in this spot will probably get raised, and a check-raise might get re-raised. Therefore, this looks like a good time to check and call to see a cheap turn, and then you'll have a better idea of how to play your hand.
Old 04-21-2005, 10:35 AM

Check/call the flop... any read on UTG's capping standards?

When it's 2 back to you, and especially with the possibility that it will be 3-bet behind you, I'll drop out without hesitating.
Old 04-21-2005, 10:43 AM

Check with the intention of calling the flop. Maybe go for a checkraise if you think it'll get you heads up or buy you a free turn (unlikely out of position I know).

Once it comes back raised to you I'd fold. BB waking up here looks like a set to me. There's no guarantee he's not 3betting and it might come back to you capped, which would suck alot.
Old 04-21-2005, 11:46 AM

&lt;GRUNCHING&gt;
I check this flop. I can't decide if this is weak, though.
I fold when it's two back to me. BB waking up is scary, and having the flop capped would suck.
&lt;/GRUNCHING&gt;
Old 04-21-2005, 11:52 AM

Betting this flop is pure chip spewing. You have to treat this as a hand with less than 4 outs considering the preflop action. You can't get a free turn card, you rarely have the best hand, no one is folding A8,A6,KJ etc, so betting doesn't improve your chances of winning the hand. Call and see the turn. I don't think the decision is close.