Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2005, 10:24 AM

Default Re: More maniacal action

I was thinking that there is the possibility that he is on the draw, but also a decent probability (50-50?) that he has a pair or better. So, the better chance to take his money is a scenario in which there is a greater probability that you are ahead - i.e. you have at least a partially made hand and suspect that he is second best or on the draw. Having seen the results already, I know that it worked out for you. I'm just trying to explore what I would do in similar situations and make adjustments.

Thanks TWP - I thought it was interesting.
Old 04-21-2005, 10:43 AM

Default Re: More maniacal action

Yes, I definitely think that BK's advice is the best SOP. However, at this particular moment, against this particular LAG, I had a good feeling that I was ahead at every point in this hand. I went with that read and it worked out. Still not sure if that is the smartest move for 100BBs but I think that calling preflop was just not a great move against this guy because he would just bet strong on the flop and I would have to fold unless I hit. But if I put the pressure on him preflop, I thought better things would happen. In any case, I'm glad it worked out, but I don't plan on playing hands like this too frequently in the future. Anyways, glad you found it interesting.