Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2005, 04:54 AM

Default Re: So, Absolute Poker closed down 2,000 accounts last night

[ QUOTE ]

unless 999 more remain frozen.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.
Old 04-21-2005, 05:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Did anyone who made a withdraw on the 19th or later, receive it yet?

[/ QUOTE ]

I add my name to those who have not received their cashout request (mine was April 18th). It is not good that so many routine midweek cashouts are still pending at this late date.

Absolute, get your act together!
Old 04-21-2005, 05:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have access to my account, no problems. If you are an honest player I don't think there are any problems with AP. My guess is that the accounts being closed and investigated are in that situation for a good reason. Hope you learned a lesson.

[/ QUOTE ]

You gotta be kidding, Mr. Judgemental, there. 2000 accounts? So The Online Poker Cheating Underground just got busted. And they were all playing at Absolute Poker. Go join the war on drugs.

[/ QUOTE ]

No they simply flagged all suspicous accounts and froze cashouts while they are investigating everything.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand this. I don't believe that what he is calling good reason is the same as my version of good reason. Dopey there seems to believe that Absolute caught 2000 cheaters yesterdays, rofl.
Old 04-21-2005, 05:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I just checked my account and everything looks fine; although it did kinda hang up when loading the cashier screen. Perhaps they are checking to see who is scamming them by using multiple accounts, and as a result the cashouts are taking longer than usual. FWIW I have never had a problem with Absolute, except for the quirky software.

[/ QUOTE ]

For what it's worth: I remember clearing a bonus there many months ago. I was constantly trying to check the cashier page because it was taking so long to clear. The cashier page seemed to hang a lot back then as well.

Not always. Touch and go.
Old 04-21-2005, 06:39 AM

What should i do...cash out my money or just wait?

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 04-21-2005, 07:03 AM

yes and i deposited $500 in each of those 999 accounts.

genius
Old 04-21-2005, 07:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
They had a promo yesterday or a few days ago for a free 10$ some retards exploited it and made a ton of accounts and started chip dumping, just wait until it gets worked out if you guys didnt do any chip dumping u have nothing to worry about.

[/ QUOTE ]

I got the free 10 more than a year ago. I think it's an ongoing promotion open for everyone without an account already. You just email them with the words "free10" or something like that after you set up your account. Then it's credited.

Since they don't ask for verification, I suppose opening a thousand false accounts to get and to dump the 10 bucks off of would not be to much of a hassle.

Any middle school kid could pull this one off I suppose. As long as they had at least one legit account to dump to quickly that could do the withdrawal.
Old 04-21-2005, 10:29 AM

Default Absolute is holding over 2K of my money

I made two withdrawal requests just over 48 hours ago on the 19th, and neither has been completed. And no, I do not have more than one account and am not involved in any fraudulent behavior, for those that question the legitimacy of anything that has not already effected them.
Old 04-21-2005, 11:04 AM

Default Re: Absolute is holding over 2K of my money

I called 1-866-788-3005 and spoke to a reasonably courteous, reasonably honest person and 60 minutes later 2K was in my Neteller account. Initially I was told it would be there within 12 hours but when I explained that it had already been over 48 hours he said that it would need to be cleared by the Security Dept. first. I asked to go directly to them and he said they would not be available until 11AM Eastern Time. I said I would call back then. I also tried to pin him down on every detail (in a respectful way) and made clear that I would be following up on this in whatever way (through proper channels) necessary. Your mileage may vary. Good luck.
Old 04-21-2005, 11:09 AM

Default Re: Absolute is holding over 2K of my money

i guess i will have to call when i get home. Money still not in my neteller account.