Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2005, 02:50 AM

Default knowing when to fold trips?

i was playing in a cash game the other night,50 buy in ,i was i for 100 and had 320 in cash in front of me,opn the button i get JQ and calla 12 raise from a semi tight player,the flop comes 8,J,J he bets 75,i call,putting him on AA or KK.10 onthe turn ,he bets 100,know im thinking he may have AJ or 88,but i call,river is a 5,he bets 100,im commited for about 200,i call,he turns AJ...when should i have layed the hand down,what was my mistake??
Old 04-21-2005, 02:56 AM

Default Re: knowing when to fold trips?

You should have folded preflop, IMO. You're playing a completely dominated hand. You're behind almost any raising hand. No idea what your blind structure was like, but that seams like a big raise in a $50 capped buy-in game, and an enormous flop bet after a $12 pf raise. As this was played, I would have pushed the turn after his relatively weak bet.

Freakin
Old 04-21-2005, 02:57 AM

If he's a tight player, you should have laid it down preflop and not gotten involved with a hand that gets easily dominated like QJ
Old 04-21-2005, 03:02 AM

yeah ,great point,preflop laydown was the play,but ive been running bad fr 3 weeks now,and the bad beats are disrupting my decisions,i felt i was beat on the $100 turn bet,so close to laying it down ,but just couldnt pull the trigger,thank for the advise.