Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2003, 02:51 PM

Default Re: Could you fold a full house?

While ther are some full houses that warrant a fold (even thought I doubt I would).....your example is not one of them. You should have tried to get every bet in possible with that hand. If you lose a hand like that it had better be a HUGE pot.
Old 03-07-2003, 03:13 PM

Default Haha what a joke

I thought when I read the title it was going to be something like:

I have J10 and the board is 10 10 J A A and it's it's capped on the river, should I fold my tens full?

But thats not it at all. Instead I get:

I flopped nearly the nutts, but there is one hand that can possible beat me so I called all the way down with the intent to fold... Haha, no you never fold this, and you always raise it.
Old 03-07-2003, 03:20 PM

Default Re: Haha what a joke

Christ man, no need to laugh in his face about it.

-- Homer
Old 03-07-2003, 04:09 PM

Default Re: Haha what a joke

Thanks for your help guys,

My main problem with this hand was the specific person I was playing it against. I have (had) way too much respect for him, as he usually only three bets premium hands, I never really considered him putting me on a blind steal (which is a major weakness I need to watch out for), and consequently played it scared the whole time.

In my defense, if it had been anybody else doing the same thing I would have been re-raising at least the flop and probably the turn.

Again thanks for analysis...and I'm not offended...sometimes saying things frankly is the only way to make someone learn.

peace,
jHE
Old 03-07-2003, 04:11 PM

One thing that I have learned since i started visiting this website is to not always fear that my opponent has the best hand. One poster referred to it as not being afraid of "monsters under the bed." When the flop hits you (or hits you VERY hard, as it did in your case), you have to play as if you are in the lead and plan on getting the most money into the pot unless someone gives you just cause to think other wise.

So yes, you should have re-raised the turn. You can't be afraid of of longshots beating you, especially when you have such a strong hand. If he wanted to raise the river, you should have raised him there again as well.

What is interesting is that this player you fear so much made the same mistake as you by checking the river. Maybe he is not as great as you think! [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-07-2003, 06:09 PM

Default NO, and read this.

Check out this link, and think about it every time you want to fold a full house.

izmet.desetka.si/furcoat.html

Old 03-07-2003, 06:27 PM

Default Re: NO, and read this.

Bob,

Thanks man, that puts it all in perspective.

jHE
Old 03-07-2003, 08:32 PM

HI JASON, DONT TAKE THIS WRONG.......BUT I MUST SAY YOU ARE A MOUSE .....Y DID U STOP RAISING.? ....WHAT KINDA FLOP DID U WANT...??? AND TO FOLD ? THAT SHOULD NEVER CROSS YOUR MIND....ANYWAY U SPLIT.....WHEN U COME TO VEGAS EMAIL ME...I SEND THE LIMO..........LOL [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-07-2003, 08:37 PM

P.S. I WOULD RATHER JACK OFF A FEW TIMES OR CONTEMPLATE THE AFTER LIFE THAN PLAY 25-50 CENT POKER....IMO..U CAN GET THE SAME PRACTICE,IF THATS WHAT YOUR AFTER IN FREE GAMES AT OPARADISE.........FUK ONLINE POKER....KEEP IT REAL..
Old 03-07-2003, 10:46 PM

Default Interesting that you post this hand...

I figured I'd relay this hand that I played (poorly) two days ago that was eerily similar to your hand here.

MP open raises, LP cold-calls, and I call in the BB with KQo. Flop comes KQQ rainbow (sound familiar). I checked, MP bet, LP folded, and I called. Turn was a 9. I checked, MP bet, I raised, and MP 3-bet. I now tried to figure out if he had AQ, KQ, KK, or 99 (I didn't really think he'd play the hand this way with any other hand). I wigged and didn't do my math correctly and just called. I check-called the river blank and was shown AQs. I should have raised one more time in this hand... I identified the possible range of hands he could have on the turn, and then I took the wrong course of action based on the read.

The upshot, I guess, is that you have a freaking strong hand when you play KQ and flop KQQ. Don't be a weenie. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]