Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2003, 10:51 AM

Default Re: Vehn_ turns semi pro

I am usualy not there at those times. I mostly play Friday and Saturday nights and some Sunday mornings. The 4-8 games on Friday and Saturday's have been so good I have been putting off trying the 6-12 again. The couple of times I have played the 6-12, I have been kicked around. It has got to be the tightest game in the house. I will look for you.
Old 03-07-2003, 03:18 PM

The couple of times I have played the 6-12, I have been kicked around. It has got to be the tightest game in the house.

Casey, you have to just be getting some bad luck, and playing at the wrong time. Occassionally, I have played in tight 6-12 games at CP, but usually, they are fairly loose. Sometimes it seems that they are as many as 6 players seeing the flop, so it plays like true low limit.

One good higher limit player that I sometimes talk with, told me that he thinks the 6-12 is the best game in the house, when you combine the players who many times are playing low limit poker, with the 5% rake.
Old 03-07-2003, 03:55 PM

VEHN............PAY THE LADY FOR THE CAT.....FOR IF NOT ONLY BAD FLOPS WILL FOLLOW....LOL U GOT THE CASH....I SAW IT.....HAHAHAHAHA.....SO DID SHE......BIG MOUTH....LOL [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 03-07-2003, 04:06 PM

Default Off Topic ramblings about our favorite Easterner

Ive read all his books and love his work. The Taltos series got a little bogged down somewhere around Teckla if I remember correctly, but seems to be back on track. I do have some misgivings about Vlad owning a Great Weapon however. It was cool that he was sort of a cut below the Sethra's and Morrolan's of the world but able to use his cunning to stay alive. I don't want to complain, however, because I do want as much Vlad as Brust will give us, especially since there are several questions still unanswered. I do hope to see all 17(?) books get written at some point. I long ago stopped buying new fantasy/scifi books but Brust is one of two authors who I stuck with and still purchase (Stephen R. Donaldson being the other).

I'll have to re-read Phoenix Guards and Viscount to get up to speed for the concluding book(s) in the series. Very Brust-like to have the concluding book of a trilogy be a trilogy itself.
Old 03-07-2003, 04:11 PM

I am going to give it another shot this weekend. If I don't like it's back to 4-8 which I always like. There is always some goofball calling every bet and raise and never betting the nuts themselves.
Old 03-11-2003, 09:44 AM

i just have to ask when ur gonna swim into the 15/30 at canterbury, i hear there's this young punk named matt that plays in that game all the time that could use a couple of bad beats put on him.
Old 03-12-2003, 12:49 AM

meh I'll give it another shot in a month or two if I continue running good, this time I'll see if I can not lose with kings 3x in the first hour.
Old 03-12-2003, 07:21 PM

Chris, I've watched that game, and I think you should take another shot.